Largest turbo?

why wont the bb 67 turbo work i have an external wastegate and an intercooler would that allow me to use it ?

why wont the bb 67 turbo work i have an external wastegate and an intercooler would that allow me to use it ?
I had that turbo in mind before, until I figured that the housing(s) would be too large to fit in our configuration (on top of the intake).

so i still wont work what about shaving done the top of the intake like u have to do with the spearco ic kit could i just shave it down alittle more , really wnated to run this turbo at some point sounds very nasty and still streetable thanks

I'm not quite sure why everyone is trying to run these large housings. My TA66 (stock 87 housings) will go deep into the 10s and it will fit with very little modification to the intake. Just shaving the fins is enough for clearance when running intercooled and no modifications to the intake have to be done running it hotair. It's been said over and over and over and over again that you can have anything you want in the 87 housings from a little 49 to a 66.

With the 4.1, you can go a couple sizes bigger and still have good spool over a 3.8L. Not sure you would really need anything bigger than a 62 on a car that runs street tires. My dad's had no traction below 60mph on the street with drag radials. As it is with mine at low boost and ordinary tires, I can roll into it at 40mph and smoke them.

I'm not quite sure why everyone is trying to run these large housings. My TA66 (stock 87 housings) will go deep into the 10s and it will fit with very little modification to the intake. Just shaving the fins is enough for clearance when running intercooled and no modifications to the intake have to be done running it hotair. It's been said over and over and over and over again that you can have anything you want in the 87 housings from a little 49 to a 66.

With the 4.1, you can go a couple sizes bigger and still have good spool over a 3.8L. Not sure you would really need anything bigger than a 62 on a car that runs street tires. My dad's had no traction below 60mph on the street with drag radials. As it is with mine at low boost and ordinary tires, I can roll into it at 40mph and smoke them.
The larger housing would be more efficient and less heat build up, but that is not my only reason for looking at these other " '87 " turbos. I am not getting much play as far as putting together a turbo, whether in a 84 housing or a 87 housing (I do have a good 87 turbo sitting around). A few years back I had some good feedback from John Craig but now cant get ahold of him even by email. Only person I ever talk to at Limit is Chopper and sorry but I just dont really get what I would consider good feedback from him. Price he finally quoted after acting like he didnt know anything [to do the 66 in 87turbo deal] was $1035 or $1300, I dont remember exactly. I dont remember which it was and didnt write it down because the way he was talking he pretty much turned me off. Also, John Craig had said something to me in the past about an issue with the carbon backing plates getting scarce.
Anyway, I know I can get an all around better turbo off the shelf for $700 so I just wanted to find out what has worked and what can work. And at least consider that option. Right now Im edging towards the gt6152 w/ the JSM intake (that I already have sitting around), much because of practicality.