Laptop scantools

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
You guys using laptop scantools that record...

At the track, when do you start recording? While staging or boosting on the line? Or immediately after the launch?

I use the tps trigger set at 4.00 V in turbolink and direct scan. Almost never triggers on the burnout but always at the launch.

So starting it while boosting and loading it up on the line doesnt record a bunch of crap before you make the pass? I figure it wouldnt be bad to watch how much the car is loading up on the line, but wasnt sure if it would effect the readout of the buffer. I'm unfimilar with this yet, as I just found the old turbolink for my laptop that I'm going to begin using soon. Only been using the scanmaster. Wanted the t-link to record runs. Just want to know when to start recording.

Thanks guys.

It all depends on what you set the tps threshold to. I never get over about 3.5 V on my burnout so I use 4.0 V for the trigger. If you need to, set it higher - just keep it at least .2 V less than your wot tps just in case you really aren't mashing the pedal all the way down on the pass (no smiley because every person I've helped tune has gone through this, averaging about .1-.2 V below wot until I put the seat forward and make them focus on stomping through the floor, and some also take 2-4 frames to get the pedal to wot, sigh, I thought we were here to RACE :)).

LoL

Gotcha. Thanks Carl. I usually toss the floor mat in the back when I run it to ensure of those things. :D