Lamborghini Murcielago

All I can think of is Dumb and Dumber.

I think it's because of the dude with the orange jacket with purple shoulder thingies. You'd swear it was out of a movie but there it was in real life. As they say, truth is often stranger than fiction.

Jim

turbofish38 am I reading your post correctly? people that daily drive cars like a C5 are stupid? yes the woman that wanted the air bag disarmed yea she's an idiot. but my wifes DD is a C5, it only had 48k miles, $18k, 6 speed, & gets 31mpg. why would someone drive a POS Honda or something like that, that gets 34 mpg when you can drive a fun car? and don't say the ins. is to high because that's not true either.
hell I often thought about one of the 80's style Ferrari 308 GT, I think they are cool cars & you can find them at a reasonable price, the only down fall is parts are not going to be cheap.

I think it's because of the dude with the orange jacket with purple shoulder thingies. You'd swear it was out of a movie but there it was in real life. As they say, truth is often stranger than fiction.

Jim

I think fish was saying the closest he saw to an exotic up north were the Vettes. Being in florida like him, I can say that DD vettes are a dime a dozen down here. 5 people at the company I work for DD a vette. I see at least 3-4 exotics a day down here year round.

I think fish was saying the closest he saw to an exotic up north were the Vettes. Being in florida like him, I can say that DD vettes are a dime a dozen down here. 5 people at the company I work for DD a vette. I see at least 3-4 exotics a day down here year round.

I see a fair number of exotics, but only in nice weather. To see a Murcielago in the snow and salt covered roads is a bit of an oddity around here. I'm surprised that they actually bother putting heat in them.

Jim

I'm originally from a small town in Indiana, so an exotic was a Vette with a greenwood package. Even though I see exotics all the time, pulling up beside a lambo while going down I-95 is still a treat!! Saw a SLR Merc yesterday scuff his front spoiler pulling into the driveway where I work! :eek: Saw a turbo porsche SUV practically get airborn in the same place the day before!

turbofish38 am I reading your post correctly? people that daily drive cars like a C5 are stupid?

Okay let me reword it. People who drive sports cars in the snow probally aren't the smartest. If your wife falls into that catagory than I apoligize if you feel that she was insulted. This also goes for those who choose the Miata,S2000,MR2 and ElCamino and put their a$$ and every one elses on the road in danger by driving like an a$$clown like the Lambo owner. And I can say that from experience. I drove an ElCamino for many years when I lived in Nebraska. Down here in FL we have rain and sometimes lots of it in a short period of time. I make my living selling collision parts. I used to pray for snow. Now I pray for rain only because FL is the mecca for every bad driver on the planet. To me a flagship car like the Vette or any exotic still qualifies as an icon that should be cherished and preserved and only driven in a manner for which it really was designed. Not in bad weather in other words.:mad:

It doesn't matter what you drive, if you can't drive for sh!t then you will wreck it. I actually prefer a RWD platform for slick conditions, they are much more predictable. I just went out and put gas in my wifes 98 grand prix, with 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground. It felt very unsafe and not very manuverable. I got home and got in my 2006 GMC van and could pretty much drive hammer down all over town because I know exactly how the thing will react to throttle input.

I could drive my 750 RWHP Z28 in this snow, no problem. Some people drive so bad they crash even when they take the bus!

I daily drove a Firebird Formula for awhile, and once drove 2 hours on the highway in a blizzard so bad that I only saw 2 other vehicles the entire trip. If I stopped, the car was stuck. I made the two hour trip in about 3 hours, never got stuck or anything.

Thats the beauty of knowing how to operate a motor vehicle.

I just went out and put gas in my wifes 98 grand prix, with 5 or 6 inches of snow on the ground. It felt very unsafe and not very manuverable. I got home and got in my 2006 GMC van and could pretty much drive hammer down all over town because I know exactly how the thing will react to throttle input.

I see what you're saying and agree completely, but this fool wrecked his $300k car on dry pavement in front of Sears.

Jim

Eh, enough with the bickering about driving in bad weather..Lets just admire the beautiful scenery from picture number 1.;) ;) :p

Damnit Jim, didnt you know how to use the zoom feature on that camera?!

I'm just glad he made it. Thats the second one of that model I've seen wrecked...the first one the people wasn't so lucky. A friend and his dad flipped one and it cought on fire :(

I am still trying the figure out how you can smack up a car like that being it is AWD. I have driven several Gallardo's and Murcielagos and it takes ALOT for the cars AWD system to lose traction. They stay planted and usually a 'normal' driver of the car cannot push the car to its limits.

Eh, enough with the bickering about driving in bad weather..Lets just admire the beautiful scenery from picture number 1.;) ;) :p

Damnit Jim, didnt you know how to use the zoom feature on that camera?!

You know, if I took the pics I might've gotten a little different angle on certain things in the field of vision. However, a friend of mine snapped them so I can't be held accountable for their quality or lack thereof ;)

Jim

Glad to see you have the same jokers up north. I'm looking at the pics thinking WTF drives their exotic when there is snow on the ground. That Lambo is considered a toy and not a DD...or so I thought until I moved down here. Back when I lived in the snow belt about the only exposure I had to cars like that were the Corvette crowd. Anybody who owned one used it as a second car. When the cold came it got locked up and put away for the winter much like a lot of us do with the TR. I move down here and people are actually stupid enough to use them for DDs. My all time favorite was the time a women called and wanted to have the airbags disarmed in her C5 because she needed to haul her two kids. I'm thinking wait a minute. There are only two seats. Where are you going to put the third person? Needless to say the service director took all the fun out of that one by telling the lady to go F herself more or less. You can see other boneheads any time of the day if you comute on I-4. Last year I was sitting in traffic and I look over and see this black Ferrari Modena sitting a couple of cars foward and in the next lane. That black paint sure set off the dozen or so door dings I saw on the drivers side. Fools and thier money are soon parted. So true.

if i had an exotic, i would drive the living hell out of it. every collector would cry and cringe at the high mileage and taco bell wrappers on my floorboards:eek: who cares about depriciation, its for enjoyment, not an investment. screw the resale value, im not saving it for the next guy:p:cool: