Lamborghini Murcielago

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
There's a local guy who has a late model Murcielago roadster. If you've ever seen one on the road (versus on a podium at a car show) they are just sex on wheels. Rolling art. Plop one in the middle of suburbia and you have crowds around it everywhere you go.

I see this guy pretty frequently. He's always revving that V12 and hot rodding the thing around town. I'd probably do the same, but he does drive like an a-hole a good chunk of the time.

Now I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, but I am a believer in karma. I got a call from a friend today that went like this:

Him: "Are you anywhere near the mall?"
Me: "No - I'm at home. Why?"
Him: "Right in front of Sears there is some kind of exotic car in a hundred pieces."
Me: "Is it orange."
Him: "It was"
Me: "Does it say Murcielago under the doors?"
Him: "Yes"

I knew it had to be this guy. My bud told me it was a circus. At least 50 cars had pulled into the far end of the Sears parking lot to gawk at the spectacle. People were snapping pictures, on their phones (like he was). It was like a celebrity spotting or something. He overheard a woman he presumed to be the wife saying 'he said he didn't know what happened - he was only going 20-25 MPH'.

On the mall grounds - not even on some entrance ramp to the mall - but on the circular drive that goes around the mall, he hit a curb hard enough to rip the rear wheels from under it. He hit a tree hard enough to demolish both sides of the Lamborghini from behind the doors rearward. You can't tell from the pics, but my bud said the indentations were huge. He's an insurance adjuster - he figured the 1/4-million dollar car was a total.

I'm not sure what the point of this post is, but it's always fun to look at wrecked exotics. Especially when they are wrecked in such a stupid and conspicuous manner. I can't wait to read the story in the paper tomorrow.

These are cell phone pics (you can't tell, but this is the edge of the Sears parking lot. Sears is off to the left):

img059.jpg

img060.jpg

img062.jpg

img063.jpg

img064.jpg

img065.jpg

img066.jpg

Jim

Picture #6 the girl in the blue jacket, got anymore pics of her?

Im not interested in the car, what about that chick?

My luck its someones wife here LOL

BW

Picture #6 the girl in the blue jacket, got anymore pics of her?

Im not interested in the car, what about that chick?

My luck its someones wife here LOL

BW

They're just random pics of random people that were taking random pics of random people at the scene - sorry!

Jim

That was the tow truck driver. They took the driver of the Lamborghini away in an ambulance.

Jim

PFFT! hey u shoulda acted like an insurance agent or something and gone up and "confiscated" the rear wheels. 335s (i think) on a GN for free!

If the wheels "popped out" at 25 mph, then I would say that is definitely a Lamborghini. I was skeptical at fist because the murcielago's doors go up 90 degrees from the windshield base. The fist pic looked like they it was slightly out and at 45 or so.

If the wheels "popped out" at 25 mph, then I would say that is definitely a Lamborghini. I was skeptical at fist because the murcielago's doors go up 90 degrees from the windshield base. The fist pic looked like they it was slightly out and at 45 or so.

You can see that the door was hitting the fender so it wouldn't open all the way. My bud said they used the Jaws on it to get the door open. It's the real deal - I've seen the guy lots of times both on the move and getting in and out of the car. The sound of that V12 is unmistakable. I always wondered what his deal was since I live in the most average suburban town you can imagine. A flaming orange Murcielago is not the norm. It will all be in the paper tomorrow.

Jim

oh ya I'd say he was only goin 25 mph... come on you know they don't make them like they use to :eek: :p

Glad to see you have the same jokers up north. I'm looking at the pics thinking WTF drives their exotic when there is snow on the ground. That Lambo is considered a toy and not a DD...or so I thought until I moved down here. Back when I lived in the snow belt about the only exposure I had to cars like that were the Corvette crowd. Anybody who owned one used it as a second car. When the cold came it got locked up and put away for the winter much like a lot of us do with the TR. I move down here and people are actually stupid enough to use them for DDs. My all time favorite was the time a women called and wanted to have the airbags disarmed in her C5 because she needed to haul her two kids. I'm thinking wait a minute. There are only two seats. Where are you going to put the third person? Needless to say the service director took all the fun out of that one by telling the lady to go F herself more or less. You can see other boneheads any time of the day if you comute on I-4. Last year I was sitting in traffic and I look over and see this black Ferrari Modena sitting a couple of cars foward and in the next lane. That black paint sure set off the dozen or so door dings I saw on the drivers side. Fools and thier money are soon parted. So true.

Glad to see you have the same jokers up north. I'm looking at the pics thinking WTF drives their exotic when there is snow on the ground.

Not only that but we had a snow/sleet/ice storm the night before. There was more salt on the roads than I had seen in a long time. Might have been a contributing factor. The guy certainly liked to drive the car, not sure if it was a DD, but I did see it out and about quite a bit. More than I drive my GN actually.

Jim