Lakers

azgn

Man did the Lakers stink up the place tonight...not to take anything away from Detroit, but what kinda of pro BB team scores 68 points?

Yup....

Originally posted by azgn
Man did the Lakers stink up the place tonight...not to take anything away from Detroit, but what kinda of pro BB team scores 68 points?

Seems like they just aren't fired up or hungry..... Like they got no heart.... Detroit wants it and a game like this (basically garbage basketball) where they can hold the Lakers to a low scoring game definitely plays in their favor! I tell ya Kobe couldn't buy a basket tonight!!! :eek:

It's all about the Pistons. We're gonna win it, and then we're gonna win it next year too.

BACK2BACK just like the Bad Boys of back in the day.

In it to win it, baby, in it to win it.

NOBODY deserves to get their ass beat more than the lakers. Detroit is just plain out-working them on both ends of the floor.

what a weird year for Michigan sports:

Wings lose and some Florida team wins the cup :eek:

Pistons don't suck anymore :)

Tigers aren't the punchline to every joke :D

now all I need is a U of M national championship in January

GO BLUE!

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
what a weird year for Michigan sports:

Wings lose and some Florida team wins the cup :eek:

Pistons don't suck anymore :)

Tigers aren't the punchline to every joke :D

now all I need is a U of M national championship in January

GO BLUE!

ummm Don't you mean Sate wins the Championship in January. Go Spartans

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA Back to back what a crock of sh*t, first of all if the Lakers start feeiling like playing they'll dominate them. Unfortunately the Lakers are a bunch of lazy basturds. Next year If the lakers don't make it to the finals the spurs will and the spurs will butt rape detroit. Detroit's good for an east team but there still in the East. I hope the lakers get hungary, because Ben wallace/RASHEED WALLACE sure as hell don't deserve a title especially over Karl and Payton

The Lakers do not play any defense. After 2 or 3 passes, their defense is totally broke down. Rapist kobe can't handle the "D" that Prince puts on him, which works against the lakers because kobe gets frustrated and starts his AI impersonation and starts firing shots from everywhere.....as far as malone and payton, what makes anybody think they DESERVE a ring. payton has caused dissention among every team he has played for and malone is the dirtiest me me me me player in the league.......if Detroit hadn't had a brainfart in game 2, this series should be 3-0......I'll take Rip over kobe any day because this is a TEAM game!

the only reason the Lakers are in the finals this year is because they got LUCKY in the Spurs series...and the Spurs were supposed to win it this year...that's OK because the Spurs will have their whole team back next year to make another championship run while the Lakers will lose to the Pistons and then they will all retire and breakup just like the Bulls did...only Malone and Payton just plain suck anymore!

F' the Lakers! Just goes to show you can't BUY a championship.
You gotta have heart to win it.Detroit has the heart to overcome the overtalented LAZY ME-ME Lakers. I hope they lose and break-up the team

NBA

Hopefully the comparisons between Kobe and Michael Jordan will end now. Kobe is lucky enough to face SINGLE coverage and he can't even handle that. The most dominant player in the game is in the middle diverting the defence and Kobe still sucks. He shoots waaaaaay too much considering all the excellent shooters on that team. Michael faced triple and quadruple coverage every game, with zero interior players to dish to.
All the analysts including Magic and Charles are saying that the solution is simple: GIVE THE BALL TO SHAQ--SERIES OVER. Kobe's ego will lose this series for the Lakers.

Jordan can lick my nuts, he is soo f-ing overrated! He traveled everytime he got the ball and fouled just as much. He was an awesome player, but remember he did nothing until the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics of the '80s went away.

Originally posted by ledzeppac
Jordan can lick my nuts, he is soo f-ing overrated! He traveled everytime he got the ball and fouled just as much. He was an awesome player, but remember he did nothing until the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics of the '80s went away.

He didn't have a team behind him, until after the Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics of the 80's went away. They didn't have "Jordan Rules" for nothing... He didn't win all the championships, MVPs, defensive player of the year, etc. all for nothing. If you think he's overrated, you must be watching a different sport than me.

The Lakers are having the same problem that the Pacers had. The refs. The Pistons play nothing but ghetto ball and the refs turn their heads at both ends of the court. Just look at the foul numbers and that will tell you nearly everything. The Lakers are flat, but I think a lot of it is the frustration from knowing no matter what they do, the refs are stepping in to force the edge the other way. Just my point of view and that of many others around me that hate the Lakers with a passion.