labor day

jlat

hello people; I might get my car out this weekend for the first time this yr.. It's funny there was a time where I couldn't wait to take it out and look now the summers done and it still sits. Besides a sticker and new fuel it should be ready to rock. I do have alot of new parts for it but maybe not this year. I do like driving it in the cooler weather thou. Same with my bike. It's just about ready to rock also but just has some bugs to be worked out. That feeling isn't really there. The bike has been a project for years.
To you older people. Have any of you had your testostoron checked? I hear commercials and people talking about it but I havn't done anything to see if I might be low.
IBBY

I know the feeling jlat, I been out of it too. :oops:

It's like some of the passion is just not there, don't know why. :confused:

Might be something to discuss with our doctors.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

To you older people. Have any of you had your testostoron checked? I hear commercials and people talking about it but I havn't done anything to see if I might be low.
IBBY
It's a gimmck to sell Rx. If you're in reasonable physical condition, eat right and excecise occasionally, it's typically not an issue. All the drug companies' advertising have us turning into a bunch of hypochondriacs.

Your body will start to rely on the medicine and will slowly stop and possibly even stop producing testosterone, because of taking unnecessary medication. Walking around a track one a day for 30 minutes is enough to keep you exercising. And by walk I mean a power walk or a very very light jog. Not everyone is up for exercises, but the less drugs you take, which includes Tylenol, Advil, ibuprofen, etc, the better your body is. Their are natural remedies, some that don't require anything but you acting differently (eg. You have a high fever, dress in sweats and whatever as if it was the arctic weather and go to sleep in heavy sheets. You sweat it out, change clothes continue that thru the night, and then continue that for a few days. Wala, in 2-3 days you are as good as new. No need for antibiotics or anything.) majority of medicine will just make you temporarily feel better not 100%. Pm for anything basic. Most likely got it covered with something. I don't take any medicine, over or under the counter.

On a note closer to the topic, enjoying myself in Tampa. Hope to have a good weekend. Ill have a few drinks for a you TR guys around the country and outside of the country.

" It's funny there was a time where I couldn't wait to take it out and look now the summers done and it still sits"... "That feeling isn't really there"...IBBY
and
I know the feeling jlat, I been out of it too. :oops:

It's like some of the passion is just not there, don't know why. :confused:

Same thing here but for different reasons...I have not one but two "toys" and I haven't been to use any of them for the whole summer because 1° My Chevelle has been undergoing restoration since last October (2012) and isn't completely done yet :rolleyes: and 2° my GN has been waiting since last June to have a roll cage installed and work still hasn't begun yet!...:mad:

Now I've been hoping all summer that at least one of them might be ready, but no. August is almost over and because of that wait, I feel like the interest isn't there right now. Hopefully, the passion will come back once I'll have my cars back home and ready to run...likely next spring!

Claude. :(

Hope everyone is going to have a happy and safe Labor Day tomorrow!
Take that car out and enjoy it! :)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1378079400.955589.jpg

I haven't really give a crap about my cars either and haven't driven any of them for any real amount of time the last 2 summers. I also hope the passion will come back eventually . In the mean time I'm trying not to sell anything stupidly

I used to be one of those "never take a pill" guys. Then my neck and back decided to do the arthritis and degenerative disc trick. I tried to work it out. I tried every natural cure known to man plus various other "cures". Finally, after surgery didn't work, I gave in. Now I live on injections and pills. As a result my testosterone is way down. I tried the replacement therapy and didn't like the side effects. So now I deal with all the lack of passion you guys are talking about. Some days I can sit in my chair and watch television all day and most of the night with no problem.
Last week I put a down payment on a 87 WE4 when I get the rest of the money this week I'll pick it up.I'm hoping that will inspire me to get up and go.
Don't be too hard on people who take a bunch of meds. I used to think people like that are just lazy wimps who would rather take a pill than deal with their problems. Now I know better.

I used to be one of those "never take a pill" guys. Then my neck and back decided to do the arthritis and degenerative disc trick. I tried to work it out. I tried every natural cure known to man plus various other "cures". Finally, after surgery didn't work, I gave in. Now I live on injections and pills. As a result my testosterone is way down. I tried the replacement therapy and didn't like the side effects. So now I deal with all the lack of passion you guys are talking about. Some days I can sit in my chair and watch television all day and most of the night with no problem.
Last week I put a down payment on a 87 WE4 when I get the rest of the money this week I'll pick it up.I'm hoping that will inspire me to get up and go.
Don't be too hard on people who take a bunch of meds. I used to think people like that are just lazy wimps who would rather take a pill than deal with their problems. Now I know better.

If you have no other choice, then by all means, go ahead. Never looked down on people who relied on meds. Some people just can't live a day any other way. No worries.

Maybe I'm guessing.

Buick this, buick that, we all at one point or another go through what you might call a buick depression or burn out of some sort.