knock sensor dont work

greeneyegi

i installed new knock sensor it dont do nuthin. what kind of signal comes to the gauge from the computer,so i can test it?

thanx:confused:

Ironic, I just did the same thing.... replaced the sensor right after a new engine build and I have the same resulting question.

i installed new knock sensor it dont do nuthin. what kind of signal comes to the gauge from the computer,so i can test it?

thanx:confused:

So, you put in a new sensor and.......? How do you know it's not working? If there's no knock then it isn't going to do anything.

You can bring the car up to 1500 rpm (neutral and blocked) and tap on the sensor location with something hard like a ratchet handle. the idle should stumble a bit and the gauge (if you have one) should flicker a response. Also you can monitor the knock count with a scan tool. It may also register a very little bit of retard, which is the idle stumble.

Pull some fuel and add some timing :eek:. That should get the sensor working :p. j/k

Notacarlo is right on the money.

the instructions on the gauge say the sensor should light up at startup to show its working