Knock sensor desensitizer

does this make the knock sensor less sensitive? if so, wouldnt that be a bad thing? it would be easier/smarter to fix the false knocking problem rather than making your knock sensor less sensitive, IMO.

Well, yeah, but some engines are just noisier than others.

Why do TV sets and radios have volume controls? The manufacturers should just set the volume where it's perfect, and leave it there.

you got a point i guess but a TR engine is much different than LS1 engine. i cant see comparing them. if you desensitized the knock sensor to where is doesnt hear false knock what would happens if there is real knock? are all LS1 engines loud enough to set off the knock sensor? you can hear my timing chain rattle and its very audible at idle, revving, and especially right when you give it gas but it doesnt set off my knock sensor. you sday you are making this for the guys on the LS1 forum that are haveing problems w/fasle knock. how many guys on there have this problem? i doubt all LS1's are inherently flawed like this. ive seen some LS1 engines running and they dont seem loud to me and iver rode in one and it didnt seem loud either. as far as your TV volume comparison goes, the way i see it, if the TV (engine) is too loud (knock) the volume is turned down (knock retard) by me (knock sensor) to acceptable levels. therefore are you suggesting i be desensitized so i dont hear the TV as loud as it is. this could still damage the TV (engine) b/c it would still be loud (knocking) and i just wouldnt know b/c i would now be desensitized towards the volume (knock). this seems like "fixing" your car by putting black tape over your SES light and saying nothings wrong rather than scanning your computer and finding your problem. you can try this experiment if you want but if it were me i would try to find out where the false knock is originating from and fix it rather than messing w/my knock sensor. what if you have 10 degrees of knock and your sensor only reports 1.5 degrees b/c it has been desensitized? your engine is still being damaged regardless of what the computer is saying. this just seems wrong to me, IMO:)

I'dlike to see a "sensitizer". My Casper's gauge never goes off. I don't consider myself a tuning guru either. It worries me that something isn't working properly and finding out the hard way ain't fun.

Not sure that I would want to de-sensitize it but I wouldn't mind if it could tell the difference between real knock and the noise my Ruggles 210/205 makes.