knock question

I know you heard this before ,but my car has knock every time i drive it lately. What i like to know is does the warm weather make that much different with these cars, also my car has worst knock if you justs nail it goin down the compare to stallin up and takin off it does better. My boost is at 16 and still have knock goin to a tune up and add some octane this weekend any other ideas would be helpful. By the way all this is happening on pure 92 no addtives,well that it any comments or suggestions would help me alot thanxs. randy

Turn the boost down to 14psi until you fix the problem. A tune up is probably not going to help the knock problem. I would get ahold of Jason @ Loverridge Machine and order one of his RJC power plates. With it you should be able to run 16psi without knock.
16psi on 92 octane is just too much for your particular car probably.

Yes, warm weather can bring on or exacerbate a knock problem.

Pump gas, while never good, has become just horrible, especially over the past year or two. Don't assume you can run 16 PSI with the garbage they sell these days.

I don't know about the powerplate. What I will say is that as the quality of gasoline continues to wane, more and more of us will be driven towards alcohol injection in order to continue to enjoy these cars.

:)

Maybe I misunderstood, but your post looks like you run 92 octane and your sig says 107 chip?? Is that a 107 octane chip?? If so, prolly way too much timing.

As scottyb pointed out, if you are useing that 107 chip on the street it is going to knock like crazy. The 107 chip is for high octane leaded race gas only (110 and up).

which chip

hey guys i run a red 93 chip on the street with pump gas i just put the 107 on my sig because that what i run at the track.