Knock, Knock Who's there?

Got new chip, adjustable fpr, and phantom2 fuel pressure gauge. Line off fuel pressure 43; line on fuel pressure 38. Fuel pressure does not rise with boost. My quess fuel pump. I purchased walbro pump from a board member along with hot wire kit about 7 months ago. Your toughts?
The fuel pressure never rises above 43pis?

Ttype6 said:
The fuel pressure never rises above 43pis?

Yes never rises above 43 psi. But the gauge responds when I adjust the FPR but whrn im in boost it stays put????

Vac line to FPR good?[ALL vac lines zip tied?]
Pump to hanger hose clamp loose, hose split, etc?? [You didn't re-use the pulsator, right?]

Yes never rises above 43 psi. But the gauge responds when I adjust the FPR but whrn im in boost it stays put????
Pinch the rubber part of the fuel return line with some needle nose or standard locking pliers down by the frame and steering box. Then read the gauge.

update on my situation, i installed a new turbotweak chip....and all my troubles just dissapeared. nice. i guess that old early 90's red armstrong technology wasn't cutting it lol...

update on my situation, i installed a new turbotweak chip....and all my troubles just dissapeared. nice. i guess that old early 90's red armstrong technology wasn't cutting it lol...
What numbers were on your old chip? What octane were you running?

You said,in an earlier post,that your WOT,15 psi of boost,fuel pressure was 54-55lbs. It needs to be at 58 lbs. Did you do something to correct this? Do you have an AC Delco fuel filter on the car?

i did change to a new fuel filter and the car acted better then i put in a new O2 sensor and i got better readings on my scanmaster, then i installed the turbotweak chip and my knock went to zero, it idled better, ran better, i bumped it back up to 15 psi and still no knock. i have always used 93 octane since owning the car.
my chip i pulled out just had a RA and 93 on the back of it. I knew the previous owner and he had red armstrong burn him a chip years ago matching his injectors and turbo and 93 octane so it all matched up.

i have not checked the fuel pressure at WOT yet, but im assuming the new fuel filter fixed that...

would be a good thing to know fo at wot for confirmation if nothing else

i have not checked the fuel pressure at WOT yet, but im assuming the new fuel filter fixed that...
You have to be able to prove that your fuel delivery system is performing as it should. No assuming.

i understand but i had to borrow the gauge to check it last time, so im searching to buy one now, id like to have one under the hood at the rail, then have the adapter to bring it out the hood for 'testing" etc...like a long hose adapter and tape it to my windshield etc... who has the best deals on these fuel gauges?

Purchased mine from Casper's Electronics several years ago. Stainless braided hose and made with our cars in mind. Long enough to tape to the windshield. Never an issue and a supporting vendor.

I run an autometer electric fuel pressure gauge inside the car. Works like a charm and have never had issues with it. Q

of all the 4 turbo regals i have had i havent worried about wot fuel...wierd. i always set it at idle, use my scanmaster and if im not getting any knock on top end i never worry about it... but i need to check it so i will buy one soon. just happy my chip fixed most of my problems...

My latest numbers. I getting close.
  1. Fuel pressure off vacuum 44 psi, fuel pressure on vacuum 36 psi
  2. Fuel pressure @ wot 60 psi boost 16 psi
  3. 02 -816; af-04; l8-32; bat 13.7; int- 128; bl-121; clt-196; ats-106; r-800; tps .42; iac-09
  4. I saw kr briefly 3.2 then went to 0.0 then .7 then 0.0 for rest of run ????

My latest numbers. I getting close.
  1. Fuel pressure off vacuum 44 psi, fuel pressure on vacuum 36 psi
  2. Fuel pressure @ wot 60 psi boost 16 psi
  3. 02 -816; af-04; l8-32; bat 13.7; int- 128; bl-121; clt-196; ats-106; r-800; tps .42; iac-09
  4. I saw kr briefly 3.2 then went to 0.0 then .7 then 0.0 for rest of run ????
Did you install a new fuel pump?