Knock gauge interpretation

6-FITZ

BUFFED
If i'm @ wot and the kg shoots up into the yellow slowly and then goes straight back to the center green light at the bottom of the gauge,what does that mean? After that the lights on the gauge don't start clicking up until the higher rpm in 3rd somewhere around 105mph,which is what I expect.

Your chip probably needs work.
With the front mount the Accleration Enrichment stuff is off. So initially your too lean and hit the Knock sensor, and as you get going and the air flow somewhat stabilises then your OK.

Muffler rattles and etc can cause that, but I'm assuming mechanically the car is right.
the reason I mention the chip first is because last week I got to see how lean a F/M was in AE..

I'm runnin a PTE chip for the street so I don't know what they do with there programing. I do have a problem w/ the dreaded stall if I get off the gas too quick. But if I read you right you are saying that if im not gettin enough fuel off the bat then I have already started down the road to detonation no matter how much fuel is added later on in thewot process. Am I correct in my assumption?

Also, someone metioned loose enternals I noticed the last time I put the engine together the timing chain was slightly looser than I would have preferred but I assume that under full throttle the chain wil tighten up. I also used .030 longer pushrods because I wen w/ a bigger cam. Do you think that is a problem? Do you have any suggestions on AE on the pte of do you no some numbers my buddy and I could crunch for the AE on his programmer. Or is there a chip vendor you recommend ?

Originally posted by 6-FITZ
If i'm @ wot and the kg shoots up into the yellow slowly and then goes straight back to the center green light at the bottom of the gauge,what does that mean?

When it goes back to the center green, it means it has simply reset itself. It does that automatically, after about 3 seconds.