Knock gauge install

foregn2

I installed my knock gauge and the green light stays on. but when i go WOT nothing else lights up. Is there anyway to test to make sure everything is connected properly. Or is it possible to get no knock.

You should get knock when you start the car up. My gauge always lights up a few lights when I crank the engine.

My car always turns on without knock, just lites the green lite? What boost levels you running, you probably are just not running enough to cause a knock issue. Which is a great thing. -Nick.

Ok a few lights did light when I start the car. Then light to green in middle

i'm running abot 15-16 lbs of boost. Maybe I should turn up the boost a little :)

Well, you don't want to be running right on the edge. Cause a change of weather(hotter day) can change how much boost you can run. I would say your at a safe boost level for daily driving. :smile:

I would double check the wiring you did just to be safe. Have someone bang on the exhaust header while you are watching th knock gauge. It should go off. Just an idea. Brad

and if brads idea does not work, have someone tap directly on the knock sensor with a long screwdriver.

Squid4life said:
and if brads idea does not work, have someone tap directly on the knock sensor with a long screwdriver.
I'm a little slow but where is the knock sensor

On top under the coil pak.
Single (blue I think) wire going to it.
It's kinda buried under there.

thanks, I think gauge is working bcuz I turned up boost real high on accident and lights went to yellow (20lbs). Turned down a little now 2nd green light (18lbs). Turning down al little more but lost clip that goes on end of arm. Where can I buy replacements or is the another alternative.

I always use a twist and tie while tuning. This will get you going until you get the c clip. I get mine at NAPA. Good luck- Brad

alligator clip. (like a mini-jumper cable end.) can get them a lot of places, most commonly radio shack. makes it easy to adjust quickly and not lose the clip. ;)