Kirban GNX style wheels making a comeback!

Gbody5

Stuck in the 80's
A little birdie just told me. These will be all new 16X8 correct offset AL wheels. Production planned to start in November, stay tuned...

TELL YOUR LITTLE BIRD TO MAKE 17's or 18's ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't the "Kirban" style replica GNX rims have that "ugly sister plate look" to them. That won't quite cut it.

Gary you are correct. His GNX look a like rims were like the Enkie rims. Not even close to the look of the GTA IMO. Nice to have the option of buying something new. Should be fun to see what they will cost! :eek:

phillyturbosix said:
Gary you are correct. His GNX look a like rims were like the Enkie rims. Not even close to the look of the GTA IMO. Nice to have the option of buying something new. Should be fun to see what they will cost! :eek:
---------------------
Jim:
I wasn't knocking Dennis Kirban. I have bought a lot of stuff from them the last year or so, quality is excellent, shipping is quick, packaging is great, and yes, you are correct, it is great to have the option of buying something new. If it was me, I would almost be tempted to bring out 17" replica GNX rims, as I think that the amount of people that would not buy 17" rims about cancels out the amount of sales that you would lose due to a lot of people already having 16" GNX replica rims, and you can still make up a few sets out of pre-existing GTA rims, even though the supply is drying out rapidly. I would about die to have a set of 17" GNX's as I would like to run bigger brakes with the SC&C AFX set-up running the ATS spindles, C5 hubs, and big Baer brakes option, but that set-up will not fit under 16" rims. There goes the value of pre-existing GTA 16" GNX replica rims down the tubes.

XxDarkSidexX said:
TELL YOUR LITTLE BIRD TO MAKE 17's or 18's ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont forget! :biggrin:

It's great to see Kirban releasing the GNX styled wheels again at a fair price. I do not feel these will affect the price of the GTA wheels at all. The Kirban wheels look good but if you want that original GNX look you need 4 front GTA wheels. Nothing else out there with the look of the GTA wheels & they are truely becoming hard to find.

My GTA wheels have Ws6 caps on them.. ultra rare! :D

I have to agree with the other posters though. I'd reproduce them in 17s and get rid of that ugly black plate look. :cool:

Wells said:
Didn't the "Kirban" style replica GNX rims have that "ugly sister plate look" to them. That won't quite cut it.

They were certainly not replicas, but they are still awesome looking!!! They also fit and look much better that the TA wheels. Just my .02

They certainly need to make em in 17 and 18 in sizes, but the 1k price is going to kill-em..

They were certainly not replicas, but they are still awesome looking!!! They also fit and look much better that the TA wheels. Just my .02

They certainly need to make em in 17 and 18 in sizes, but the 1k price is going to kill-em..

YAY LOUIE TELL EM!!! 17 and 18's already!!!!!@#$!$!@#$

But I fear its too late, I have found a set of beautiful mesh wheels and when i get the money I will probably buy those. I dought anyone will ever make my dream come true with TRUE GNX replica 17 or 18"ers.

----------------------------------
I refer to any mesh look rim that looks like the GNX rim as a replica GNX rim.
They might fit better, although I did not know that any of the GNX-GTA rims as having fitment problems, so what fit better about them, and as for the other part about thenm looking better with that plate look type center, I really doubt that you will get a lot of people on any turbo Buick forum or in a poll to say that they perfer the plate look as compared to the original look. Just my $.02 worth, before taxes, too.

Getting Back

OK, need some help.
Just getting back into the Turbo Buick world and picked up an original, 1 owner completely stock 86 GN. I want to put those GNX style wheels on it, but confused on the fittiment (yes, my word).
I understand that the wheels need to be 16X8 with 4.75 backspacing, which equate to the same wheel as on the FRONT of the 80's GTA.
Anyone know what the baclspacing of the Rear GTA wheels are and if they will fit?

YAY LOUIE TELL EM!!! 17 and 18's already!!!!!@#$!$!@#$

But I fear its too late, I have found a set of beautiful mesh wheels and when i get the money I will probably buy those. I dought anyone will ever make my dream come true with TRUE GNX replica 17 or 18"ers.

I WOULD BUY 18's FER SURE!!!!!

hello people; I like the idea of the Kirban wheel in a 17" or 18" not bigger. The GNX looking wheel will always be a look people want to replicate the X but they suck to clean.
for me I'm up for a change
IBBY

Awww c'mon...they were not that bad!...In fact, I'm not the only one who liked them (Read Louie L.'s post #11)...They were quite popular having sold as much as they did...:wink:

Claude.

I think before Kirban actually decides on/makes the wheel 16", they should investigate the availabilty of 16" rubber. THERE IS NONE! I tried recently to find some 16" sticky tires (treadware 100 or less) in 245 width, guess what, there is none:mad:. Not a popular size anymore. Lots of 17" rubber tho...

Alan

I think before Kirban actually decides on/makes the wheel 16", they should investigate the availabilty of 16" rubber. THERE IS NONE! I tried recently to find some 16" sticky tires (treadware 100 or less) in 245 width, guess what, there is none:mad:. Not a popular size anymore. Lots of 17" rubber tho...

Alan
I was just about to post this but decided to read the whole thread first, VERY TRUE! Why anyone would make 16'' wheels with tire manufactures fazing out the 16'' size is beyond me. Now if they made the more popular sizes like 17'' or 18'' and still kept the price at the $1,000 then they would sell.

Scot W.

no Idea where your searching for tires.....

but I am finding ALOT of 16 in tires, 245-50-16, 245-45-16, etc
look here Tires easy

I'll admit, the look of 17's or 18's would be very desirable.