Killed New 5.0 with a twist!

jhanson1750

just a 10th quicker
Well we are rolling at about 35mph next to a Black 2011 5.0, 6spd man, Brembo brakes and 3.73 gears.
Mustang rows into 2nd and the revs come up (the new 5.0 has a 7k redline and sound good up there), pull the shifter down into Drive so we are ready!
The Mustang get the jump and is screaming, roll into the the throttle and the boost is there instantly (22lbs). The Mustangs nose is rising and falling with every shift but it is all for nothing! The Buick just starts pulling and just blows past. We run up to @ 80mph and the Buick puts about 4 cars on ME!!! I watch as MY SON just storms away from me! I am driving my new Birthday present that my wife got me. I let my son his buddie take my Buick to the car show while my wife and I took my new Mustang! YES, I have a new 5.0 and I love it! I will never get away from the Buick but I can't wait to see what the 5.0 runs at the track.

That would be a hilarious warranty claim.

"Hey, I got beat by an 80's Buick....fix it."

12s

well we are rolling at about 35mph next to a black 2011 5.0, 6spd man, brembo brakes and 3.73 gears.
Mustang rows into 2nd and the revs come up (the new 5.0 has a 7k redline and sound good up there), pull the shifter down into drive so we are ready!
The mustang get the jump and is screaming, roll into the the throttle and the boost is there instantly (22lbs). The mustangs nose is rising and falling with every shift but it is all for nothing! The buick just starts pulling and just blows past. We run up to @ 80mph and the buick puts about 4 cars on me!!! I watch as my son just storms away from me! I am driving my new birthday present that my wife got me. I let my son his buddie take my buick to the car show while my wife and i took my new mustang! Yes, i have a new 5.0 and i love it! I will never get away from the buick but i can't wait to see what the 5.0 runs at the track.
raced a brand new one last year . He had a catback and cold air kit .ran 12:10 . Not sure about stock .. But beat him over and over like a red headed step child ..

Haha.. good one. I was like hmmmm.. mustang sounds like a nice one!

I was tempted to buy a new one they run well, but there is no sunroof available which for me is an automatic no, and I hate the looks of the camaro.
Challenger looks awesome but too heavy.

I was tempted to buy a new one they run well, but there is no sunroof available which for me is an automatic no, and I hate the looks of the camaro.

They do have the glass roof option.
But it doesn't open it's just see thru,with a shade,i believe its a couple grand or so tho.

The wife has an '09 SRT8 Challenger. I saw a decal that I NEED for my GN. It says "You're Going to need a bigger HEMI! " :biggrin: