Killed me a 67 Camaro

1-CLN-GN

Well i have my first kill story that I'm happy to brag about.Let me tell yall the back story.A few months ago my brother got himself a 67 Camaro that ran ok but he took that motor out and put a 383 stroker that come to find out ran some low to mid 8's.Well he wanted to try it out after we installed it and i offered up my 96 Impala SS.The SS has some work done and runs low 9's with 22" rims.Not bad considering it weighs 6K.Well we rand them and he beat me twice.

Well after that beat i had to beat him and considering the GN just has a few boltons i had an alky kit installed to see if i could beat him.Well just when my car was ready he sold his to a friend.But that friend called me out tonight and i won.Both cars spun out the hole and his actually caught before my but as soon as my tires stuck and the boost jump i was gone.Man that made my day and all the money ive spent on the car worth it.We raced 3 times and i won 3 times.After i beat him he called my brother and we have another race tomm with my bro driving.Wish me luck.Thanks and sorry for the long rant.

Thanks man.The first run im goin to guess a 1/4 mile and the other two times where around an 1/8.

383 stroker that come to find out ran some low to mid 8's.

Good kill but I aint never heard or seen a 383 run low to mid 8s, Maybe a solid 11.20 at 124.20 mph with 512 lb-ft/ 524 hp and that was a Beck Racing setup, scat crank, Ibeam rods, dart pro1 heads, and something like 543/240 cam I have seen one run a 9.30 on the net
Good Kill.. he has some more work to do...or he could just sell it and invest in a Buick eh

Low to mid 8's in the 1/8th isn't very quick.

And I agree, put those 22's on a pimp-mobile. I hate seeing anything bigger that about 16's on a GN - but then that comes from a guy who grew up in the muscle car era. Some things just DON'T belong. When is this younger generation going to learn how stupid some things look?

Don't know if yall read my first post but i did say the 22's where on my SS not the GN.What i don't understand is why older folks can't see that just about every car builder is using 17" wheels and bigger on their builds and most builders are older guys.I'm almost sure that if GN's only came with 14's you would say thats the biggest you would go but since the GNX came with 16's thats ok.But to each their own.

As far as 1/8 mile times what do most stock cars run in the 1/8?I don't know of many stock cars that run low to mid 8's other that Corvette's and exotics.I know both my SS and GN where not that fast stock.But hay i might be wrong.I do know our cars are not the fastest but the are quick on the street.I had a 67 Camaro that ran 6.50's and i would drive it on the street but i wouldn't take it on a couple hour trip.And my brother used to had a 67 Camaro also that ran 5.40's in the 1/8 and would 60ft 1.20's.

Here are a couple pics of my cars and i think the wheels are tastefully done.

19's on the GN.Yall dont pass out now
HREs004.jpg

22's on the SS.I know yall going to hate me now
car1002.jpg

Not bad looking, just throws me when people post 1/8 mile times, i tend to forget some only have 1/8 strips.. i seen the low to mid 8's and was like hmmmm oooook

I always liked that model of SS Impala and that does look pretty good.

I ran 1/8th once so that's the only way I can relate to those times but any 1/4 mile time slip should show the 660 ft time.

We do have a couple 1/4 mile tracks around here but they are not close by me,but here in the DFW area there are more 1/8 mile tracks.There is one 1/8 mile track maybe 2 miles from my house so thats usually the tracks we tend to go to_One of these days i will take the GN to a 1/4 track and see what it does there.

Only thing holdin you back will be those 36# injectors listed in your sig

As yall can tell im new to TR's.The 36# injectors where already on the car when i got it.What size would you recommend?Ive been reading that alot of people are goin with the 60# injectors but i don't know how a bigger injectors would help me out with what i already have on the car.Any insight would help.Thanks

60#rs will give you enough, I have the 60 mo's. You'll have to send chip back to TT to have it reburnt of course or purchase his chip/injector combo from his website.

There have been some good times with the 36#s but they will reach 100% duty cycle quick... and we dont want that to happen

60's leave enough room to grow as you play

lol, 5.40s in the 1/8th....thats cute. Cars down at the track Im at are running 4.90s lol. Seriously though, 5.40s are killer times, thats about the avg time down here. Im in the younger generation and think 17s are about the most I would go on a muscle car

lol, 5.40s in the 1/8th....thats cute. Cars down at the track Im at are running 4.90s lol. Seriously though, 5.40s are killer times, thats about the avg time down here. Im in the younger generation and think 17s are about the most I would go on a muscle car

We have cars going faster than 5.40's,thats what we where running on a street legal full weight car with a 488 and a 10.5 tire.Hell we have cars running 3.90's.

Here a pic of the Camaro(not the one i raced)on a 5.40 run.Like i said it would 60ft 1.21-1.24 on the back 2 wheels

mabrotherscar.jpg