Killed a 2001 Porsche 911

Nicks87

Hi guys,

I am new to this board, but am finding really good info.

Last week, coming home from work I was stopped at a red light and noticed a little red 911 change lanes to get behind me. I figured he did this for one reason only.... so I obliged! As the light turned green, I rolled on the throttle just a touch and then put it to the floor. As the car made the 1-2 shift, I peeked behind me to see him on my bumper but changing lanes next to me. At the same time, the tires start to light up and my GN is going sideways, I peddle a little, the car straightens out and I am GONE! By the time my speedo is fully pegged, the Porsche is way behind. I slow it down and the Porsche has to keep coming hard just to catch up. We come to another light, the guy rolls down his window and yells WOW, what have you done to that thing? Is that a GNX? I tell him no, it is just my 16,000 mile, bone stock, down to the original tires, Grand National.... next time, Ill take your pinkslip! :)

Sorry, i have to call bs on this one, bone stock you say?

Porsche 911 non turbo Bone stock 6spd = 13.6 @ 105
Porsche 911 turbo bone stock = 12.7 @ 115
Buick Grand National Bone Stock 13.9 @ 100
Dodge Neon SRT-4 Bone stock 13.9 @ 99

I was with my bro, and we raced a 98+ 911 NON turbo, and he killed us.... Bro has a SRT4

Info Found Here ----> http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

Call what you want.

I really don't care what you call bs or any times you post in support. Who the f*** you think you are?

If you knew anthing about our cars, you would understand that they are torque monsters and behind an automatic, you just push your foot to the floor and it goes. That is why they can still smoke the tires on the 1-2 shift when the turbo spools and kicks in. Ever seen the red line on your car? Somewhere in the 5's.

Now, all these other cars you quote are all horsepower/high RPM engines. They will come on once the engine is revved up and the car is moving. They don't stand a chance in a stoplight drag race.

Please don't respond to posts with stupid numbers disclaiming peoples experiences, unless you understand what is going on. I have been building and racing cars for 15 years, and although I am not the 'lt.' of anything I know that GN's are more than numbers ont he back of a Road and Track mag.

Nick

Well it must have been a carrera ? But in such occasions like this its all up to the driver. Maybe he is a bad shifter I dont know.

But yes if it was a ordinary Carrera a GN have a good chance. But if its a turbo... then the driver must be real bad to not take a GN if they drive up to 100 mph.

I have no experince about this thought.

Daniel