kill/fish

jtgn

I was out with a couple of friends (two 5.0's and one Firebird Formula) driving down a main street in my daily driven Contour SVT (modded 14.00 second car) when out of nowhere a 98 Supra TT pulls up along side of me. He gives me a couple of revs and long story short we get on the freeway and punch it; he beat all of us by about 4 car lengths up until 100. I am happy to say that i was the only one of who could keep up with him on the corner, but damn wish i was driving the GN. Seems as though i can never find a race when in the GN. Fear not i'll see him again.

I have the same problem! Seems I'm never in the Buick when I need it!

One day at lunch I noticed all kinds of ricers out messin' around, so the next day I drove the GN to see what kind of reaction I would get. Nothin. Nada. No revvin the fart can, no tire spiinning, just real calm and quiet and they acted like they did not want to be next to me. Guess they didn't want any part of a black buick! :cool:

What do you have to do to an SVT contour to make them run 14.00? I raced against them in STS class in my neon and had no idea they could be that quick, since they didn't seem much quicker than my 15.9 second neon, atleast on an autocross course.

As far as the SVT goes here's the mods:
-75mm MAF
-Kurtz Custom Intake
-Front Sway Bar
-Rear Sway Bar
-Kevlar Clutch
-Limited Slip Differential
-Lightened Flywheel
-Sho Shop Y Pipe
-Borla Catback Exhaust
-Gutted Pre-Cats
-Magnecor Race Wires
-Straight Intake Pipe
-BAT Handling Kit
-Bigger Throttle Body
-Short Throw Shifter

Many other mods that i'm forgetting.

The car is a dialy driver, it's reasonably fast but is mainly for show. However the car handles like nothing i've ever driven before.

What are your 60fts and MPH thru the traps? 14.00 is very impressive for a SVT Contour with a catback. That must be some intake setup you've got there...

i don't know what my 60 ft time was but i hit 104 in the quarter on the stock rims....bought a set of 18s and raced once and the best i could hit was 97 in the quarter. After that i began to brake different things, so i decided my racing days were over in this car and bought a GN

when i had my 98z28, a supra came from behind and nailed me at the finish line. next week at the track, i had the GN out and ready, and that supra was no where around & i had to take my anger out on a vette.

I feel your pain guys. All the ricers seem to want to drive fast until I get next to them. It also happens with an LT1 Trans Am that I saw on the road twice a week, he would drive fast through traffic til I caught up, then he would behave.:(

jtgn, my brother has contour se, the thing handles unbelievebly. If he goes up the driveway on an angle, one of the rear wheels will come off the ground, talk about a tight car!