kid racing grandma's car

OnlyNeed6

Saw a young kid , maybe 17 or 18 at the street races last night. He was driving a completely stock apearing GN ... must have been his dad's car or something because he couldn't drive it and didn't know anything about it. He TRYED to run an LS1 camaro and got waxed. He sure as hell couldn't drive it ... didn't build boost ... sounded like he left it in D ... what a waste of a sweet car ... had 41,000 original miles on it. Hope he doesnt run someone for pinks ...

SHHHHHHHHHHH that was me, im trying to make every one think i suck next week ill cut the boost up and make a few grand ;)

lol ... I think most of the ricer idiots out there didn't know why that "old regal thing" had a lump in the hood and after he ran so horrible anyone with a 12 second Buick could come out and make some money off these suckers. Remember , the whistling is a "bad vacuum leak"

p.s. whoever made up the vacuum leak deserves some props for that one.

lol.... My brother has been saying that vacuum leak line for years. That, and a supercharger = I think my tranny pump is going.

Not saying he was the first or anything

I'm 16, and I love to show up the racers. Too bad that kid ddn't know how to launch.

sounded like he left it in D ... what a waste of a sweet car ... had 41,000 original miles on it

Sounds like me at the drag-strip. I thought the general consensus was it's better to leave the car in D or OD at the drag-strip. Am I wrong? Sounds to me like you're giving this guy a hard time when at least he isn't trying to race a frickin economy car.

Maybe with some transmission mods you could just drop it in D and run but , I have always been one to shift myself ... I know when its going to up or downshift. Its all personal preference I guess.

True , He isn't racing an economy car (aka RICE) but to drive such a bad car anyone that knew what it was expected the guy to drive it. You shouldn't be at the street races if you can't drive for crap. We got rolled on and he almost took out some guy in a WRX.

I ran much better by just leaving it in drive, shift points were much more consistant.