keyless entry install

dfirefighter

im goingto attempt to install a keyless entry. so where is the best place to access the wires to do this? drivers kick panel? i looked under behind my kick panel and it didnt look easy to get to the wires. anyone do this?

I ran the wires into the drivers door to the lock switch, but the wires should be in the kick panel also. Sorry don't remember which color wire it is.

The door lock relay is right behind the ECM. I just connected mine there. I could dig out the wiring diagram if you want.

Connect your switched positive 12V outputs to the light blue wire (A) to lock, and the black wire (B) to unlock. I have a higher res scan of that page if you need it. :)

edit: A & B, at the relay...

Attachments

• 8A-130-0a.jpg
    8A-130-0a.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 130
Let me know on your progress, I am going to undertake this project this coming summer. What Keyless entry system are you utilizing?
I have been getting tons of information on MP3car.com Including what systems use. Just wish I could figure out how cadiallac does their "smart access" sytem.
hope this helps a little.

Let me know on your progress, I am going to undertake this project this coming summer. What Keyless entry system are you utilizing?
I have been getting tons of information on MP3car.com Including what systems use. Just wish I could figure out how cadiallac does their "smart access" sytem.
hope this helps a little.

thanks for everyones input! im not sure when i will attempt this, but sometime soon. I am using a OEM style keyless entry that i got off ebay. I just wanted something simple and factory looking!

Connect your switched positive 12V outputs to the light blue wire (A) to lock, and the black wire (B) to unlock. I have a higher res scan of that page if you need it. :)

edit: A & B, at the relay...

any chance of getting this bigger/more clear? would it be easier to email it? thanks!