Keyed 12v+ source

Black Power

fuseblock_3.jpg

Pink wire at the top. What should I run that wire to? I want a good source with a nice fat wire so that I won't overload anything.

Also, on the top left one that says "fuel pump feed", that one should go to the hot on the fuel pump itself, right? Bypassing the factory relay, of course...

That pink is only +12v for the relay coil, not a hi load circuit.
The other wire U R asking about is the pump feed. It goes directly to the + on the pump.
Do you know what size that wire is? Is it big enough to carry the pump U R using??
Whose harness is that? Batt in the trunk? If so, have you considered moving the fuel pump relay to the trunk, triggering it w/ a smaller wire, thus keeping the hi load draw at/near the pump?

That's the pic from lt1swap.com, I'm stealing ideas from this person. I will have my battery up front on the driver's side instead of the stock location.

I just now realized what you were saying about the pink wire not being a high load circuit. Unfortunately since I don't have the car running and I don't have another Gbody to mess with, what would be a good keyed hot wire to use to activate that relay?

You can just run it to a switched 12v on the factory fuse panel. They are usually labeled IGN. Some of these older cars have issues with maintaining the 12v during cranking. When I wired up my extra fuse panel I checked the voltage on the IGN and it maintained decent voltage while cranking. It worked fine for me.

Another couple of stupid questions -

How do I power the stock GN fuse box?

I removed the GN engine harness, but the rest of the wiring is still there. I need to get 12v from the battery, but where does it plug in to power the entire panel?

and

My starter signal wire goes from the small post on the starter to....which wire from the ignition switch?

It looks like a crap load of wires running down the steering column from the ignition switch, horn, turn signals, etc. Which one do I tap into with the wire, and where is the best place to do so?

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread but Did you find good wires to splice into? I have a good idea but figured I would check.

Yes, Chuck Leeper is a genius, so I called him and we talked about it for a while. What I ended up doing was just using the stock GN engine wiring harness, and since it was in such bad shape, I cut everything off of it except the starter and power wires. If I ever go back v6, I'll just buy another one.