Ken Mosher

VIN7

Ken, I remember a thread awhile back regarding Tlink upgrade ideas. I don't know how to go about doing this or if would be cost prohibited...But seeing how some sanctioning bodies have a no electronics class (even if it is only scan tools), or just cumbersome lugging the laptop around in the car. How about making a "black box" that acts as a buffer storing data, which can then be removed and downloaded to a laptop at a later time? Make it self powered with a parallel port to work with the aldl cable. This could also be helpful to people that don't own laptops, they could bring the "black box" inside and download the data to the desktop. Like I said earlier, just logs on the fire.....

Mike

Another quick idea, can't you use the vehicle speed sensor and other bits and pieces to have turbolink measure 0-60mph and 1/4mile times or give horsepower/torque estimates based on known formulas? Even just as a gimmick? It would be no replacement for a dyno or dragstrip, but at least gives us something to work with. BTW - my TL problem was a problem with my parallel port - I made some internal changes and she works great, thanks a whole bunch, Ken:)!!!

The accuracy of the ET/HP calculations isn't very good, even with the scan rate of DirectScan. The numbers aren't very close to reality very often. They also depend heavily on accurate weight information.

With the granularity of data in TurboLink, it'd be even worse, so it would be beyond worthless :)

As far as the "black box" idea... neat idea. How much would people be willing to pay for something like that? It could be done, but it would probably be a lot like a "super ScanMaster" (and priced accordingly)....