XFI Sportsman Internal Data Logger

HighPSI

Staff member
It seems most people are unaware of the internal data logging capability of the new XFI Sportsman ECU, so here's a quick explanation:
When 12volt is applied to the pink data logger input wire, it arms the internal data logger. The XFI will then monitor your triger input. This input is programable, but most use the TPS sensor set at 80%. Once this occurs the XFI will record internally for roughly 20 seconds (depending on how many parameters your logging). This data can be retreived with a laptop.
What all this means is, at the racetrack you can record a pass without a laptop in the car. Just do your burnout, flip the arming switch (this can also be the transbrake button), spool the car and when you reach 80% TPS it will start recording the run. When you return to the pits, shut the car off, grab your laptop, turn ignition on, connect and download the run.
A few early adaptor harnesses don't have the data logging input wire. We mailed the wire to you with directions on how to hook it up.

Cal where is the data logging wire on the Caspers harness? is it part of the Bulk Head connector or is there a separate wire?

thanks
aaron

It's coming out of the sportsman plug near the ECU

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

It's coming out of the sportsman plug near the ECU

Unless i'm missing something – i must have an early harness because i don't see any pink wire on the ECM harness.... just the Pink on WBO2 harness... can i get on the list for the adapter or whatever the retrofit is.

thanks
aaron

Unless i'm missing something – i must have an early harness because i don't see any pink wire on the ECM harness.... just the Pink on WBO2 harness... can i get on the list for the adapter or whatever the retrofit is.

thanks
aaron
Already on its way. Shipped yesterday

It seems most people are unaware of the internal data logging capability of the new XFI Sportsman ECU, so here's a quick explanation:
When 12volt is applied to the pink data logger input wire, it arms the internal data logger. The XFI will then monitor your triger input. This input is programable, but most use the TPS sensor set at 80%. Once this occurs the XFI will record internally for roughly 20 seconds (depending on how many parameters your logging). This data can be retreived with a laptop.
What all this means is, at the racetrack you can record a pass without a laptop in the car. Just do your burnout, flip the arming switch (this can also be the transbrake button), spool the car and when you reach 80% TPS it will start recording the run. When you return to the pits, shut the car off, grab your laptop, turn ignition on, connect and download the run.
A few early adaptor harnesses don't have the data logging input wire. We mailed the wire to you with directions on how to hook it up.
Hey Cal, will this work on my XFI 2.0 sys, I have a pink wire coming off the Caspers adapter harness into ECU, do you still have directions you can send me please