Keeping tires from getting hard

CHARGED

What can be done to keep tires from going bad\getting hard?
I removed my stock rims and tires off the GN for a set of Welds rims about 5yrs ago.
Looked at my stock rims and the tires seem to be getting hard with a haze on the tires. The tires are BFG white letter Radials with maybe 1,000k mi
Anything I can spray on them to keep them soft? Don't want to waste $500 in tires.
They are currently stored in my crawl space in my house, there is a dehumidifier in the space so its kept cool with medium humidity.

Ozone is the likely culprit. Maybe put them in large, black garbage bags, and seal them up.

not to much you can do. once they start to dry rot your screwed which it sounds like may be happening. i would strongly recommend not driving on those tires.

Not Dry rotting, the rubber seems to be getting hard and had a haze on them. They are about 8-10 yrs old I think and been sitting for about 5yrs now.
I thought there may be some product to spray on them to keep them soft?

The ..

Not Dry rotting, the rubber seems to be getting hard and had a haze on them. They are about 8-10 yrs old I think and been sitting for about 5yrs now.
I thought there may be some product to spray on them to keep them soft?

culprit is most likely OZONE. It attacks the tire in the exact manner you describe.
To minimize the problem, we put the tires in plastic garbage bags, and tape them shut.

brakefluid! old man taught that to me and works! use the trashbag too brakefluid will keep the tire soft. will prevent any start of dryrot too. be liberal with it.