Keep stock DS headers/Replace PS Header?

fullahotair

I see there are some people replacing only the passenger side header and keeping the stock driver side header. Looking in ATR, the drivers side header is the same part number for 84/85 and 86/87. The general consensus is that the 86/87 headers system flows rather well, so why replace the ds header on the hotair?? Has anyone done this with their car? I am thinking of keeping the factory ds header and getting a new postons crossover and ps header. Will the cross over line up?

Any opinions/experiences on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathyn

Can't answer

I can't answer about them but, if your going to replace with poston's headers they only come as a set. I think there cross over is a two piece.

Well i guess the biggest reason to get both from postons (from a cost stand point) is that a PS header from ATR is 350 bucks. If you want to ceramic coat your DS header to help with keeping the engine bay a little cooler, then you have to tack on another 80 bucks or so for each header...which in total is about the cost of a new set of ceramic coated postons. Just my 2 cents.

Nathyn

Postons will sell just the passenger header. Get a set of copper gaskets to go with it, it will save time in the long run. Everything will line up as far as stock parts inlet pipe and downpipe.

Chris,

do you know how much they want for just the passenger header?
If not i can always call and find out.

Thanks,
Nathyn