Kearney Nebraska Buick Challenge

me and a friend will be there. we're only 2 hrs. east of kearney in good old North Platte. Hope to see a lot of yah there.

Hello everyone,

A small update. Things are rolling along behind the scenes as normal. Everything is coming together in fine fashion. And in fact I am still getting new ideas fired at me. Unfortunately we are at times limited in the things we can do. But none the less, we plug on and try and make everything fit.

Our car count is on the rise already. I have heard from a lot of new folks that have said their coming this year. Hopefully yall will make it and see that there are some Buicks here in the midwest. Granted we are spread out alot more than other areas, but we are here. And for one weekend during the summer we're all at Kearney Raceway Park.

I will be editing my first post in this thread and adding our sponsors to it. This will be an actual list of the folks that are going to be helping us out this year. So watch above and you'll see who is stepping up and helping us out again this year. The folks in the sponsor list are the ones responsible for our event. Their backing is what makes it all happen. We HAVE to remember that and let them know how much they mean to us. And support them if at all possible.

Well, thats about it for now. Watch for upcoming sponsors in my first post, and hope to see yall in Kearney in July. Not even 5 months left to go now. Times drawing near.

later.......................

Just adding a couple more sponsors to the list. Hope to see some of yall in Kearney in July............

**CONFIRMED SPONSORS**

Heartland transmission(Scott King),
P.A.E.(Jim Burek),
Left hand trailers(John Conilogue),
High torque racing and repo parts(Mike Garrison),
TCI automotive,
Comp. cams...............

Thanks.........................

2 more sponsors added today yall, we're rolling on here. Hope to see yall in Kearney in July.

later.......................

P.A.E.(Jim Burek),
TCI automotive,
Comp. cams,
Mothers Polish,
Christian Motorsports...............

More sponsors.................

Adding a couple sponsors to the list yall. Mr Gasket has added some goody bag stiff and Mike and Sherri at TA have once again stepped up and helped out. This is the 3rd year for them and we REALLY appreciate everything they have done.

Hope to see some turbos in Kearney. Maybe some of yall can give a BB guys a run for our money,lol............

later...................

**CONFIRMED SPONSORS**

P.A.E.(Jim Burek),
TCI automotive*,
Comp. cams*,
Mothers Polish*,
Christian Motorsports*,
Mr. Gasket*
TA Performance...............

HOTEL INFO .........

Here ya go everyone. This is the same motel we stayed at last year. Some of yall had a few ''issues'', but we are, and can be, better prepared this year. If anyone would like a deeper explanation of why I choose to return, feel free to email me, and I would be more than happy to explain my thinking(is that possible, lmao?).

Budget Motel South
411 South 2nd Ave.

1-2 person is $46.50
3-4 person is $48.50

Managers-Marv and Carol Hilton
Phone # 308-237-5991

July 16-17 are the reserved dates, Tell them your with ''the Buicks''. A block has been reserved for us so get your calls in. We know this is cruise weekend and the rooms don't last too long. And last but not least......Big THANKS to Scott King for helping me on this as he did last year. GREATLY appreciated by Kris and myself Scott. Thanks.

i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it or not. how long do you think the rooms will last? are there other hotels around there? I guess i could always pitch a tent and rough it.

Originally posted by denn454
i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it or not. how long do you think the rooms will last? are there other hotels around there? I guess i could always pitch a tent and rough it.

Hope you can make it out to have some fun with us. We're always looking forward to making/meeting new friends.

As far as the rooms go, I have NO idea how long they will last. We picked this motel largely because of the, how should I say this, more leniant rules in regards to beverages in the parking lot, ;) . Not to mention a couple burnouts in the parking lot by yet to be ID'd GN's last year,lol(right Scott and Doug???). They have some good parking for trailers and such also. Kearney is big enough there are several motels in the area also if need be. I can off the top of my head think of at least another half dozen right there relatively close. Plenty of food and such too. Pitching a tent at the track if you choose too has been done for the last two years and is no problem either. If you want to ''rough it'',lol.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Made calls tonight to some of the wives that will be ''spearheading'' the Friday evening BBQ. And they are all ready to go. Looking like another REALLY good time in the works again. If yall can make it out, friday evening is where all the lying, and peer teching, goes down. Absolute hoot, and one of the highlights of the weekend in my opinion. Hope to see some of yall there.............

C-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Just adding another sponsor to the list yall. Back for the 3rd year is Gessler head porting. They have been with us since day one and they are onboard again. THANKS...............

As always, if anyone has any questions feel free to email me and I will help you out. Times getting short, hope to see some of yall in Kearney...............

Update or 3,

Things are really smoking along on this deal now. I have some new sponsors to add to the list here, we have a class that has been juggled and changed some, and we have a call out to the fast guys. Here we go..........

First off the fast guys. Mike Garrison has offered up a new $100 bill for the fastest pass of the event by a Buick. It's gotta be bodied and powered. Basically all Buick to be eligible. John S. inquired on V8 if the Opel was considered a Buick, and yes it is. So maybe John will show up just to take Mikes money, ha ha. Have to see how it goes I guess. Johns car has always been the fastest there. Other than that its a bunch of 10 second cars and slower. Could get really interesting..........

We had a quick 8 planned for this year but that has been changed some. I will cut and paste a post from V8 that explains whats up after I am done here. Hopefully it will help everyone see whats up, and show the fun that will be in store for us.

And of course the sponsors list. These are the folks that are making this baby go. I hope, if possible, you can let them all know how much we appreciate what they do........

**CONFIRMED SPONSORS**

P.A.E.(Jim Burek),
TCI automotive*,
Comp. cams*,
Mothers Polish*,
Christian Motorsports*,
Mr. Gasket*
TA Performance,(Mike T.)
Gessler head porting*,
Ruge Automotive & Machine Shop,(Eric Ruge)
GSCA*,
Conilogue Automotive,(Chuck Conilogue)
Evans Racing Engines(Charlie Evans).

So there yall go. I apologize for the delay in updating but things are getting busy around here. We have about 6 weeks before this is a go and I am trying to do my best. Updating all the message boards just kinda took the heat this round as far as staying current. Again, sorry yall. Hope to see some turbo cars in Kearney, would be a nice change from all those V8 cars ;)

later............................

Quick 8 grows up.........

Heres the post copied from V8 explaining what we are gonna try and do. If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me and I will help ya out................

We have a plan in motion to make our proposed Quick 8 class a Brawl(lol). And after thinking about it I think we have an idea as to how to do it. Any money racers out there ?????

Bounty Hunters Brawl:

1(one) round qualifier at 11:30 AM.
16 fastest passes get in.
Single emimination NO buy backs.
Bracket style run on dial ins.
Sportsman ladder.
Must dial within .2 of qualifying time.
.500 PRO tree started.
NO rules on tires, NOS, Turbos, etc.
WINNER TAKES ALL THE BOUNTY $$$$$$

This is NOT a class as it has an additional $20 entry fee. IF you pay and enter the track your ARE in the bracket 1 or 2 classes already, and have the consolation class option. But you have the option to run in the brawl also if you qualify. Meaning you will be running 2 classes at once. Just like buying multiple tech cards at the big $$$ races. There are NO buy backs for the Bounty hunters though. Due to the fact that they have the buy back option in the bracket class they choose to run in. ALL buy backs in brkt 1/2, 1rst OR 2nd round go to consolation.

Basically lets use Mike Garrison as an example. His car is fast enough to make it. So he pays the additional $20 to run the brawl, BUT he is still in brkt 1 ALSO. Meaning he is entered in 2 classes at the same time. And can run in both at the same time(if the radiator is up to the task).

For those that are not fast enough to make the cut, the will run in their bracket(1 or 2), and(if they lose in rounds 1 or 2) they also have the option to get in the consolation class for an additional $10. Giving them 2 classes to run in same day also. If we were to allow the brawlers to buy back in that would give them yet a 3rd chance and thats just too much, and not fair to brkt 1 and 2 competitors. Thus the 2 class option for ALL entries.

That is the plan. I have ALREADY got calls of support for this so I had to get it here for MORE feedback. Personally, I am in !!! I hope I am fast enough to make the brawl. I look at it as 2 chances to cash well on one day. And I am gonna be there anyways so why not ????? . And I am tuning up the cooling system now,lol.

OPINIONS ????????????? I have a handful(more now) of very positive votes already. Whatcha yall think ????????

We're watching....................

News flash.................

We are gonna be having a raffle on Friday night at the BBQ. I got a call from some of the sponsors that want to donate some stuff to the event. So in a quick conversation we came up with this. Basically a simple raffle, $1 ticket kinda thing. But you have to be present Fri. night to win. This is setup as something for the folks to have fun with before the racing starts next day. And as is tradition with me, 100% of the proceeds will be returned to the event be in it prize monies, or for the upcoming year. I swear if we don't slow down I am gonna go nuts. I already feel like I'm running around, like a head with my chicken cut off.............

later........................

ps, this is some neat stuff too yall, and some of it ain't cheap !!!

Countdown.........

7 days yall..................Hope to see some turbo cars in Kearney this year. I have emails from a few that are coming now. It's gonna be funnnnnnnnnnn

Dave, I cant wait until this comming weekend!!!!

Thanks for all of the updates and countless hours that you have spent putting this together. I should be there with three other Turbo Bucks;)

Ian

Originally posted by oehm
Thanks for all of the updates and countless hours that you have spent putting this together.Ian

Ian,

ALL for the love of the game man. I do this for 1(one) reason. And that is to get as many Buicks in one place in the midwest as possible, at one time. We are spread out here and I try to arrange one weekend for us all to plan on and have fun. I DON'T take a dime outa this deal, I just donate time to arrange it. Yall show up and have some fun and that is payment enough for me. See ya in 5 days now, and look forward to meeting you.........

Ticker = .........................5 days.....................

Dave,

I'm starting to question my sanity. I may make the 665-mile haul on Friday... and probably sleep all day Saturday ;).

What time do gates open for parking on Friday?

I assume staying overnight in one's trailer is still OK.

There seems to be a regular Saturday evening program at the track after the Buick event. Worth staying for?

Art

I won't make it to Kearney but I thought I would pass on the latest weather info that we have been experiencing:

HOT and HUMID.. Be prepared for 105* heat index and the humidity to match with no wind.. For the last month or so it will have a down pour of rain but then clear off after several hours and get up to 90*... Bring things to stay cool on these days. Naturally the weather may change by this weekend but as of now it's suppose to be icky..

Have a safe trip everyone!

Kevin
:cool:

Originally posted by JoyOf6
Dave,........What time do gates open for parking on Friday?I assume staying overnight in one's trailer is still OK.There seems to be a regular Saturday evening program at the track after the Buick event. Worth staying for? Art

Art,

Glad to hear your losing it man ;) , Hope you decide to give it a shot and come up. The gates will be open for us late afternoon friday. I will say 6:30 as a time if you wanna quote me,lol. I know alot of us will be there before that though so look around. If we have too we'll start the fun on the road outside the gate :eek: . The track manager will love that one.

Camping in no issue as I said before. If thats what you wanna do go for it. Saturday evening is a gamblers race and I know quite a few of us stayed last year. In fact Steve Parrot won it for the Buick camp in his 455'' Regal. It was fun listening to the announcer calling it ''the Buicks against KRP''. Even more fun when Steve mowed em' down. Anyways, yea its worth staying for I think. I know I will be there for it, and for the hot rod reunion on Sunday.

Hope to see ya there and we'll take the heat. After all it is summer and we should be used to it by now. :cool:

5 Days and counting........................

I just came in from the garage to get an update and see what was new.

With any luck (and a lot of late nights) I should have 2 cars up their. The old '87 and my new car that I (we) have been thrashing on dubbed 'Project Cheap Ass' A less than astecicly pleasing '86 that I just got running and I'm gonna try to go 11's in it for les than 1o Benjamins. It'll be fun either it will be slow, run the number or break something.

See ya Friday!!!:D

Doug,

Looking forward to seeing you there again this year man. We are gonna have some fun. Hopefully your luck will be a little better and the white car will stay in one piece all weekend. Your running them 10's outa get you in the ''Bounty Hunters race''. 4 Pro tree rounds for $500 outa be fun shouldnt it ???

See ya Friday evening...................... Clocks tickin', basically 4 days now..................