K guys I need some suspension suggestions

t3intercooled

We'll start with what i do have. I have the ATR rear sway bar, and polygraphite bushings on the front endlinks. Thats it. Everything else is stock. Now with what I want.

I want my car to launch GREAT and handle AWESOME. I want to make it as good of a street car able to handle like a dream and still be able to launch my car amazingly at the track. Not sure with what to do with the suspension, my specialty is engine work. What are your suggestions? Any and all are GREATLY appreciated.

Brandon

i recommend some tubular upper and lower rear control arms from umiperformance.com they are high quality pieces and not too expensive.
also get a set of airbags to level out the rear on launch.

buickbert

When it comes to suspension and items, I know it may not be able to go this extreme, but i want my GN to handle like a porsche. I want to be able to go fast on the strip but also be able to handle like a dream in case i am on a actual track where its road racing and not just straight. I have gone the max with my engine, and now I wanna take my suspension to its max as well.

Have you spoken with the guys at Hotchis? They have a complete system that may (or may not) work for you. I don't have any personal experiance with street racing suspensions as I kept my suspension stock except for a couple of air bags in the coils.

Click here for the Hotchkis TVS system

GMHTP did an article a while back about a 2 tone Blue and Black GN that got frequent road race time and had a killer suspension built. I don't remember who the owners were or when the article was printed, but if your a subscriber you can flip through your copies to find it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. I haven't been on the GN forums for quite some time as I'm deployed overseas and had to sell my GN.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find what you're looking for.

North Branch eh? Heres a good combo
UMI rear arms and lower conrol arm relocation brackets, or whatever brand you choose, but these are cheap and work great. The brackets will increase brake dive somewhat though, but will help tons on the drag strip
New Moog rear springs, stock
GBody Parts tubular front control arms
F-Body hollow front sway bar
Edelbrock IAS shocks all around
Moog 5662 springs in the front, 5660 for a little softer ride
TRZ manual rack and pinion conversion, saves 60lbs off the front, and is much more responsive.
Kore3 13"/11" disk brake kit
Oh, and full poly body bushing kit, this will help more than anything
Tires, Nitto 555 road course radials all around.
This should pull a good .9-.92g on the skidpad, and handle close to a c5 vette on the road course, good luck though cause its expensive. Alternatives are just poly bushings in the front arms for cheap, but there will be a difference with the $$ arms.
Gary

73-88 Chevelle and G-Body suspension components

The negative roll kit is awesome. You use a taller spindle and different length arms to change the camber curve. Also you can get 12" rotors on the cheap.

My favorite mod to my car. I would have done my wife's car, but she likes her stock rims and they will not fit.

Food for thought,
Mark E.

This is everyone's dream. Unfortunately, you have to compromise one to get the other. The best of both worlds is only a dream.