Just tried Super Moto - Everyone should try it !!

Nashty

WORLD'S FASTEST ......geo
Had a really fun day today riding my WR / YZF'd 426 today in Springfield. Got smoked pretty hard by some vets but had a blast. The speedo on the bike records the highest speed, I made it to about 75 on the back stretch. Now that doesn't sound like too fast till you realize that the intention is to unload the rear tire and get the bike sideways (a little, not flat track style) to scrub off speed. It made me realize that I'm getting older though. Of all things, my hands were just caput after the 16 lap main.

The bike is just a rocket as it is but Tuesday, the eBay fairy delivers a nitrous kit for the bike !!!

The best part is now the bike is essentially done after that. The past few weeks, I've made it street legal. All I have to do now is get the registration changed and I'll be communting on it next spring (or nice winter days). That thing is a blast.

I recommend everyone try it.

2v8i8zn.jpg

What size bike is that ,used to have a YZ125 and RM125 ,is that thing a 425???
Nice color

The bike is a 2001 Yamaha WR426. I changed it to the YZ seat, tank and rear fender. The side panels and rear fender are now black. I had a ton of powdercoating done on it (the swingarm being black from silver).

I traded my YSR50 even up for the bike then I've probably got another $2K in it from there. I imagine I can get it back out if I sold it though. SM bikes are worth quite a bit more than their dirt only counterparts simply for the sake of what it takes to make them a SM bike. Wheel sets usually are around $1K, that's wheels, rims and spokes - no tires. (I have less than that in all 4 on my drag car.) Adding registration to a SM bike makes it very easy to sell to (it seems at least).

Taking it down the back stretch WFO and holding it WFO as long as possible was pretty intense. Piloting the Metro is a much, much safer sensation.

Those are fun bikes, a friend of mine has a drz 400sm that is alot of fun but isn't that fast. I might start a yz 426 or 450 super moto project here in a bit.