Just switched from a 6152 jrn to bb 66

I just gave you suggestions on how I think you can improve, you have gone to the track once now with your new combo, make some changes in your technique, also you said it shifted into 4th... keep it in 3rd next time. Working out a new combo requires data through test and tune and changes according to the data aquired. You just added 2 more details that affect performance, the 3-4 shift and a translater that is not consistent with holding your adjustments....

Ok jack were going to straighten out those two things and see how it goes next week. I'll give you a shout during the week sometime and will talk about the future. I really would like to switch to and xfi in the near future and run some alky. I think the alky should come first. We still have lots of time to run before it snows ;)

Jack is right. Make sure to shift at 5600+.

Not all 2800's will spool a 66. It may be rated at 2800 but could be 2400 with your combo. You need info so Jack can look at the converter and make sure it matches everything. You need to look into rpm at 0 boost and 5# of boost. Then you need to know where it shifts at and how much rpm it drops. Get him all this info and you can start working on it. This is why datalogging is so important to getting a car to run correctly.

I belive this gen2 maybe more of the problem than I thought. Just for the heck of it I switched back to the stock maf pipe with maf. Reset the Gen2 and she started to brake up at different spots all over the place. So now I am going to unwire the Gen2 add some fuel via the chip and see what happens.

Not all 2800's will spool a 66. It may be rated at 2800 but could be 2400 with your combo

Dusty can I do this test on the trans brake is that acurate enough?

Don't get me wrong Jack is the man and I got the patience to figure this out. I'll get those numbers to jack and will see what going on.

Jack you have a couple of PM's on your forum.

Brandon!

Dusty can I do this test on the trans brake is that acurate enough?

Don't get me wrong Jack is the man and I got the patience to figure this out. I'll get those numbers to jack and will see what going on.

Brandon!

Just do it on the foot brake. See what rpm your at when at 0# and at 5# and give the info to Jack. Transbrake will work too if the car wants to push when doing the test. This info will let him know what else needs attention.

Your combo is real close to mine. I run this turbo, non BB, and it does not like low boost. I ran a friend with a TE44 and he pull me running less boost. Once you get past 20 PSI, hold on. It's like a new turbo. If you want to run around with less than 15 PSI, this is not the right turbo for you. All the suggestions above are good. What cam are you running? Most like higher shift points. What are your o2's? Too rich on the line kills trying to build boost and kills top end performance. I currently run a Yank converter that was advertised at 2850 stall however it stalls at 2350 at 0 boost. Way too tight however I did manage to get a 1.69 60 foot time on DR's with some tuning. Keep at it.

Ed Valvo

You ran a 11.19@122mph on DR's correct? What PSI did you run this at? What cam and what MAF? Alky or no?

I am running a flat tappet 212/212 comp cam, I have roller rockers champ everything else top half.

0 boost is at 2200 RPM on the foot brake I belive. I can't get any boost without spining the tires. It brakes them after 2350.

First thing I am looking at is the translator issue now going to reload the software and reset it again and see what happens. May switch back to a stock maf for right now as well.

May end up selling the translator and maf pipe to purchase some alky. Might have been the first step I missed being that I have a stock bottom end.

Brandon!

Which translator? I run a Translator Plus which I guess is obsolete now however I like the idea of set it and forget it. Too much adjustability keeps me tweaking it all the time on the street. I just use it for minor tweaks at the track as the Extender chips have always served me well. This turbo definitely needs a looser convertor however don't go cheap. My Yank is super efficient on the top end but too tight down low. I'm going to go with a PTC 9.5" soon so I can have the best of both worlds. Dusty, Jack, Bison, heck everyone is right. I did all of the above suggestions with my combo. It was pretty slow at first. :rolleyes:

Gen2

How slow at first LOL.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd buy it all now.

I will double check everything and I am going to start working a bit backwards and see what happens.

Thanks Everyone I will keep posting as I find things out (change things)

Brandon!

What was you air-fuel ratio or 02's during those runs? Were you rich? I'd pick up a half a second going from 820's to 770's.

To be honest I was trying to watch the knock gauge as I raised the boost up. I would have liked it to be less busy at the track but for some reason it was pretty busy and some guy in a slow supra lost it sideways and crashed into some other guy in a all motor lancer (canada) that he had borrowed from him mom. 1.5hrs to clean that stuff up.

o2's on the street watching it were always around .800mv under load at 12psi not sure at 17psi.

I am using a chip for my 6152 with an extra 8% more fuel threw the high settings from 3600rpm on with the gen2. Now that I know my Gen2 was messed up I would have gone back to the stock maf and added some fuel with the chip.

I just finished switching back to the 6152 turbo now and unhooked the Gen2. I am going to go for a drive in about an hr at 12 than 17 psi and make sure it still fells the same as before. Because I did switch the turbo, maf pipe to 4", converter to a non lockup 9.5" art carr 3200, and the transmission to a built 200r4 all at the same time two saturdays ago. I just want to make sure it's not the converter causing a problem. Than I will put the 66 back on tomorrow night. Probably going to sell the gen2 and 4" maf pipe and buy a new chip and some alky this week.

Ed you didn't say which Maf you were using just that you were using a translator plus?

All and all this will be a good learing exsperince. Not only for me but other board members that might run into the same problem switching to a bigger turbo.

I know the 66 is a much better turbo to use, but like most people say on here you need to get the boost out of it to do so.

My goal from the start of this project is to run a 11.9 so I think with some more work and a few more parts we should be able to get there.

Brandon!

I have a 3" Chevy MAF. With your heads, cam, and intake, the 6152 ought to get you into the 11's. It all depends how much boost you want to run. Some people think 20 PSI is a lot. Some think it's not... ;)