Just purchased 86 GN with 4k miles

Just my two cents.
I just sold my 86 GN W/mod's.so I could find a unmolested car.just remember,to stay going fast it cost money.all OG just gas an go an still have nuts.

Out of all the whiners about the OP modding the car, surely one of you can pony up the money so he can buy a car already done to his tastes and still put ten grand in his pocket?????:)

Heck if you find the right car for him and move the battery to the trunk that will probably seal the deal.

I say let the man do what he wants to it and stop whining about the value of what he has and what it will be when he's done with it.

He will only put a few thousand miles on it after getting spanked by his buddies with the vettes and then sell it with all the original parts and mods for half of what he has into it.:mad:

Then the next buyer can rip it all out and make money on the modded drivetrain and put it back to stock and have a six thousand mile original GN to put on the market and make even more money.:cool:

OR he falls in love with it and drives the chit out of it and enjoys it like most here who own a TB and never looks back.:D

When I bought my car it had 76k on it and it was unmolested with the exception of exhaust and a reds chip. I have only done bolt on's but I have all the original parts to put back on if I ever feel the need to do so. With the odometer at 89k now I just don't think I will ever change it back. Of course I don't ever plan on selling it either. Unless some would offer me stupid amounts of cash for it. I don't see that happening though.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1368063541.582341.jpg

You can buy this under 2k

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mod the shit out of it
A Grand National is a rare and valuable car to the nuts here. yes they are cool, yep not tons out there, but a G body is far from GM's shining star of achievements, There are much easier and cheaper ways to go fast but I too like the way the GN looks. I drive mine. on the street, it runs 13's.. I want to go fast, I have a chevelle with a BBC, way cheaper, more reliable, less headaches.
Personally- I would pull the 3.8 and put an LS with two 88mm turbos on it, after I caged it.

If it is not a GNX chop it up, and make it fast.

Grandnational81 said:
Mod the shit out of it
A Grand National is a rare and valuable car to the nuts here. yes they are cool, yep not tons out there, but a G body is far from GM's shining star of achievements, There are much easier and cheaper ways to go fast but I too like the way the GN looks. I drive mine. on the street, it runs 13's.. I want to go fast, I have a chevelle with a BBC, way cheaper, more reliable, less headaches.
Personally- I would pull the 3.8 and put an LS with two 88mm turbos on it, after I caged it.

If it is not a GNX chop it up, and make it fast.

^worst idea ever. "Mod the shit out of it""there are tons out there" "GN's are far from GM's shining star of achievements" here the best part "pull the 3.8 and go LS". " chop it up and make it fast"

For god sakes don't take any of this dumbass advice.

87boostedbuick said:
I agree if he's so against the 3.8 and the g body platform why is he here?

Exactly! It's ok he runs 13s lol

I cannot wait until I get this GN here and see the smile on his face when it is finished, at least the first phase! :D

I hear the coyote motors are making serious power

Slap that motor in it and make it a 6 speed

Here's the bottom line.

It's his car, he can do what he wants with it.