Just installed 3200 stall converter and it seems out of balance or something....

noslo6

87 Grand National
I just installed a freshly rebuilt BRF tranny and added a 3200 stall non lockup 10" converter. I had my tranny guy install the non-lock valve in the pump during the rebuild. He installed the racing blue clutches and band along with a hardened stator and billet servo. Now here's my problem, the tranny seems to shift perfectly and at the correct points, but it has a vibration that is sequential to engine speed. I can feel the vibration in neutral or park when I rev the engine and also as I drive. It shifts well at part throttle and WOT. It'll get rubber @ the 2nd gear shift easily and firm @ the other two shifts. I can hold the foot brake and stalls 3200 rpm easily and build's 15psi boost which is the reason I installed it. I've had two other tranny's done by my transmission guy w/ excellent results so I do not think the problem is with the transmission but with the converter. I bought the converter from a board member a few months ago and just now installed it. I doesn't really make any abnormal noises, just vibrates to the point of being really annoying. Has anyone experienced this before? I will definitely be looking for another converter if this is the problem. If anyone knows of a good used one, that information would also be helpful.
TIA,
Trent

Hello Joe......errr i mean Trent,

Your nickname is well known. I would unbolt the torque converter and push it back towards the tranny. Start the car up, and see if the vibration is gone.:cool: