just got my scanmaster

quickbrick

what do you think of these numbers. this is my first run with it, so im not sure how accurate they are.
idle
in gear park wot
iac 27 0 72
02 milli60-100 750 850
af 5 6 255
l8 46 38 255
int 128 128 128
bl 128 128 128 105-144 cruise
ats 141 141 90
r 700 800 4100
tps .42 .42 4.82
knock 0 0 0 3.5 at shift

im using a thrasher chip with 30# injectors running at 43 fp line off.about 17 lbs of boost. can someone tell me what the r and the l8 are? thanx

cc are the o2 sensor cross counts.

NAL....????no idea what that is. Doesn't show on my ScanMaster 2

cc and nal

How do you use cross counts when tuning? If my gn's trowing a code it would show up next to the nal? I always wondered where the sm showed codes.

Thanks,

Ron

ive only had mine a couple days so im not sure. from what i heard the cross counts should increase from 0 to 255 within 90 seconds while driving. mine dont move at all at idle, might be because of the thrasher chip. im not sure though.

quickbrick....you're right....nal is the malfunction codes.

You won't see any cc's at idle if you're running a Thrasher chip. The Thrasher uses an open loop idle, so the O2 isn't used for mixture control at idle. When cruising you should see the cc numbers changing.

The O2 cross counts are used to make sure your O2 sensor is still active. When the O2 sensor starts to go bad the cc numbers will slow down. This usually happens when you've been using leaded racing gas (or as they get older). I look for the numbers changing between 10-15 for each cycle. In other words....the cc's will count up 10 / 22 / 35 / 46 / 58 / etc up to 255 and then start over again.

Cross counts means each time the O2 sensor switchs (crosses) between rich and lean. This is the same reason why the O2 millivolts jump around so much when you are just cruising around. At WOT the computer goes into power enrichment mode which is open loop (No O2 sensors values being used by the computer) and the O2 millivolts tend to settle down. We use the WOT O2 millivolts to help gauge whether the WOT mixture is too rich or too lean...not an exact science....it's really better to use an exhaust temp meter or better yet ($$$$) at wide band O2 for air/fuel ratio measurement.

I hope that all made sense....

John

Doughboy....

When you're surfing the net, check out www.gnttype.org TONS of information there. Most of the questions asked on this board are answered withing the pages of gnttype.org.

John