Just got my car back from disco stu... damn.

GlockandRoll

I didn't expect it to run so smooth, and make so much power. My car ran, but was plagued with all sorts of little bugs and he went through it stem-to-stern and fixed everything, moding it with alky/chip/injectors and we are running 25psi out of a car that gets 25mpg on the road and idles smooth and cool.

Thanks John, **** man.. this thing is fast now!

Beaumont, 3 hours, Ouch. I'm looking for a good tuner in Houston area. {1 hour}:)

I didn't expect it to run so smooth, and make so much power. My car ran, but was plagued with all sorts of little bugs and he went through it stem-to-stern and fixed everything, moding it with alky/chip/injectors and we are running 25psi out of a car that gets 25mpg on the road and idles smooth and cool.

Thanks John, **** man.. this thing is fast now!

Awesome! which injectors are you using?

Beaumont, 3 hours, Ouch. I'm looking for a good tuner in Houston area. {1 hour}:)

He has people bring him cars from all over the place.
I don't know, and may be wrong here, if there's a game in H-town with this car that's as good as John's, I'm serious... he know's these cars like the back of his hand.

Stu is good people David.

Unless things have changed in Houston, I wouldn't do it.

You called Joel to see if he could help any? If he can't, then it's time to make a sandwich and see Stu.

He's really the best person in this part of the country to take care of this car, and his prices are very reasonable. He knows them inside and out and can build it from the frame up, every part of it.

hey im new and looking for someone to rebuild my motor who is this guy you are talking about? im in dallas is he texas based?

So what all does DiscoStu do? Engine rebuilds or tunes as well. I'm getting rid of my modded GN and getting an all original one so I can start over and go a different route.

So what all does DiscoStu do? Engine rebuilds or tunes as well. I'm getting rid of my modded GN and getting an all original one so I can start over and go a different route.

it's a total sleeper, and aside from the intake it's really stock.
All that he did was the following:
fuel pump
FP reg
chip/injectors
boost controll
breathers
intake power plate
alchohol injection

We are making 25psi and the car is detonation free. Turbo is slow to spool but I'm going to go 3" DP and high-flow cat since I need new exhaust anyway.

Disco Stu

Before you make the trip you should call him. He was talking about closing shop a few weeks ago. Hope he changes his mind about it, I also need to see him.:confused:

I spoke with John yesterday (11-9-2010). He mentioned he couldn't overhaul my engine and tune my car, cause his doors where closing really soon. But gave me some good advice and sent me in a good direction.

Mike Kurtz at Century Transmissions tuned my dads car. Initial pull was 420rwhp and the last pull after the tune was 507 rwhp. Car drives smooth and idles smooth. Great guy to deal with.