Just Got My 99 Gs!

turbogreg

just picked up my 99 gs last night. drove all the way from new jersey to new hampshire to pick it up but worth the ride. i never realized how much pep these things have bone stock. fully loaded with the perf shift button. stock for right now but will be throwing on some goodies next month. looks very nice next to my gn in the garage.:cool: :cool: anyone else in the Northern NJ area?

Greg

that's cool man, hope you got a good deal driving all that way...i'm looking at a bone stock one owner gs myself, it's a 98 w/ 54,000 miles.....was it a comfortable ride?

got a very good deal. the car is pretty mint. car rides very smooth. the ride home wasn't that bad with the heated seats on :D played with a lightning on the highway today and got walked so about time for some mods. car has decent pickup for a stocker tho.

Congrats on the purchase!

I bought my '00 GS 3 years ago and have been a happy camper ever since.
It has a smooth ride that can be easily upgraded with the GMPP sway/strut bar kit. Decent fuel mileage on extended trips and it's a very comfortable car. I was pleasantly surprised that it went 14.7 @ 94 bone stock at E-Town.

The RegalGS.org board is a wonderful resource for all blown w-bodies.

What's it got for options?
- Monsoon CD
- Chrome wheels
- sunroof

Enjoy your new toy!

has the cd player, sunroof, heated seats, perf shift, no chrome wheels tho. yep, signed up on regalgs.org great board. trying to figure out what i want to exactly do with the car. want to get it well into the 13s any ideas? was thinking of going with a stage III kit and hopefully that can dip me into the 13s. suspension wise car handles pretty well, much better than my GN that's for sure!

yep was an awesome pick up. ha i gotta contain myself here tho. want to mod it up a lot but it's my daily driver so gotta go back and forth from jersey to ct 4 days a week. deep 13s really that hard to hit with these things? worried about toasting the tranny too, i hear it's the week point. i'm going to swing by dynotech next week and order up some goodies will see how it works out.

Greg

Mid 13's are pretty easy with just a few bolt on's.While you are there check out Erics' turbocharged Regal GSX.Car goes high 10's.The turbo kit is a nice,clean painless install that is offered for supercharged and non-supercharged Series II 3800 cars with or without intercoolers.I drove the kit makers' personal car (leased '05 Grand Prix GT,non-intercooled,low boost) and I must say the car pulls HARD but drove like a stocker with my foot out of it and gets low 30's X-way mpg to boot.That car I was told goes 12.70's @114.So quiet with the stock exhaust.We were there to pick up my friends turbo '98 Regal GS that GM High Tech Performance was doing a write up on for a future issue.Eric is a great guy and you are in good hands.You are right about the trannys' for those cars as the 4T65-E is the achillies heels' for that platform.Get a core trans,have Eric do it for you and you will have it when/if you need it.Now if I could find a decent PA Ultra to turbo.......

yep seen the gsx. he drives it back and forth from LI to jersey. that thing is damn clean in person too. he built my GN's trans, working well still. i don't want to build the trans on the regal just yet tho. just want to get it into the 13s and keep it reliable still. have my gt3255e turbo from the gn for sale so once that sells i'll order up stage II for the gs. spring will be a fun time for both buicks:cool:

Greg