just got a sweet new bike...

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
man i just bought a 2000 honda superhawk vtr 1000 and that thing is a beast. i have never ridden anything that powerful. it makes so much torque i dont know what to do, and that front wheel comes right up with the proper whack of the throttle. sounds like a savage too, since its a vtwin.

very nice.v-twins are a trip if you're not used to them.

i rode a friend's pipe/k&n/remap rc-51 a while back and it was definitely different than my little sewing machine 600:).

i'm sure you know this,but BE CAREFUL! .i just found out that my old boss was killed on his harley on fathers day.he was 38,two kids,really a good guy:( .

don't want to bring down your thread,just want everybody to ride safe:).

later,sean

Good deal man, just read up a bit on www.bikez.com I mean it's a sharp looking bike and all, but I don't know why you think it's fast. It's only got 110 horsepower, jeeze my Olds Alero has more than that! :p
There are actually two bikes on there in the VTR 1000 category, and one race-lookin' bike has 136HP :eek: Out of a V-Twin?! That's just absolute insanity. I'm into the smaller displacement bikes myself, a little more forgiving. I can't imagine rollin' on the throttle of a bike at like 3k and probably pulling the front wheel! That's gotta be a SICK and SCARY ride man, sounds perfect! Got any pix? Enjoy, but definitely be safe.

Congrats..

funny I picked up a close out 03 Yamaha 125 TTL dirt bike today.
deep discounted because new models coming in.
My son grew into my last years 125 TT that I paid more for.

Originally posted by Weazel

There are actually two bikes on there in the VTR 1000 category, and one race-lookin' bike has 136HP :eek: Out of a V-Twin?!
thats the rc-51, sweet bike, and its also hondas most expensive sportbike. this thing would eat a ducati.

I can't imagine rollin' on the throttle of a bike at like 3k and probably pulling the front wheel! That's gotta be a SICK and SCARY ride man, sounds perfect!

yea dude, the first time i had the balls to whack the throttle in first, i shouldn't have been, but i was plesantly surprised when the front wheel just kinda came up off the ground.

i just got back from a big cruise night in Freehold, NJ and after leaving that bash, which by the way was like a mini daytona bike week wrapped up into one night, we went sport riding for real. these guys were screaming through these twisty backroads, and i was keeping up, but still maintaining my distance since they were probably stronger riders. but all in all, im happy with the big twin. had it up to 125 tonight and still had plenty more to go:D