just gave a channel 5 news interview.....sheesh

GNFURY

wooooshhhhhhhhh
wow is it nerve racking to be in front of a camera. The brawd asked me 30 questions! wow.

actually, they wanted to do a story on the use of a machine that we install into every car we sell. Its called a PASSTIME, and it is a timer system that will not allow the car to start if a customer has not made his payment!:D :D :D They are great! It MAKES them pay their not on time

Man that's sweet! I'd like to thave one of those to take apart. You know, just to see how it works! :D

Good product. And to head off the bleeding heart liberals, if there is a medical emergency and your car won't start you can always call 911, a cab or a friend.

how it works is, the bumm makes the payment, then they get a code that they punch in with a little remote control that comes with the car. the code tells the car when the next payment is due (when to shut down)

how hard would it be for someone just to rip it out or splice into the wires and go around it?

Originally posted by GHOUSE78
how hard would it be for someone just to rip it out or splice into the wires and go around it?

or crack the algorithm?

Originally posted by GNFURY
actually, they wanted to do a story on the use of a machine that we install into every car we sell. Its called a PASSTIME, and it is a timer system that will not allow the car to start if a customer has not made his payment!:D :D :D They are great! It MAKES them pay their not on time

Do you have a link to the video? Mel Farr had a problem in Detroit a couple of natives sued cause they said the thing turned the cars off while they were driving them.
Personally I laughed my A$$ off, if they didn't want the car to shut down they shoulda paid their note on time:D

When are they supposed to air that??
Tarey D.

I'm up in Eastlake during the week, would like to see how you got your start in feature films.
Most people start either on Jerry Springer or Cops.:D

Work that technology into chastity belts and you'd have everyone out of debt in no time.
That sounds like a really cool gadget, does it have some kind of tracking signal so you can find the car to pick it up?

Actually, I'm really surprised that this is even legal!!! I could see some big lawsuits resulting from that thing... And, I'm not 100 percent correct on this BUT, if you refuse to make your car payment, I don't think the bank can LEGALLY repo your car without your consent. You would just owe them the money. I remember I watched a special one night on TV about repo men and they were saying that it is ILLEGAL for them to take your car if you tell them that they cannot take it. Any lawyers here???

That's why repo men follow you around, learning your habits. When you are away from the vehicle, they snatch it.

Way back when I was doing small loans, and some car loans like GNFURY, when we closed the loan we didn't just get the title, we got a set of car keys to put in the file. :D
Didn't even have to pay a repo guy, I just went and got it.

Originally posted by GN One Day...
Way back when I was doing small loans, and some car loans like GNFURY, when we closed the loan we didn't just get the title, we got a set of car keys to put in the file. :D
Didn't even have to pay a repo guy, I just went and got it.

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! Hey, bad idea giving that interview. Don't think the news media is on your side. Some poor citizen is going to sue your a$$ and then they're going to show that interview in PRIMETIME, of how this smart a$$, crooked, car dealer took advantage of this poor, down and out, customer. You should be ashamed. Maybe, like in another post that was going here lately, you should find another way to make a living, you sheister! :p

it is supposed to air on the 24th. on channel 5 if anybody wants to see me all nervous and sweaty making a fool of myself. By the way, if you don't know, my name is Chris Ciatti. And, every one of my customers consent to having this machine installed in their cars, before we do the paperwork :D I wish in the interview I could have said what I wanted to "yea, if these bumbs don't pay - they walk!! da car don't start!! Had to "dance" around that type of talk in front of the camera.;)