Just finished mounting fuel cell, questions on wiring

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I got one of those Jegs 15 gallon fuel cells...is there a wire I can tap into back in the trunk for my sending unit signal? I'm running a GNX style VDO dash that uses the factory wiring for the fuel level gauge. Also can I tap the power wire on the Weldon pump to a factory wire or do I have to run a wire straight from the battery?

I got one of those Jegs 15 gallon fuel cells...is there a wire I can tap into back in the trunk for my sending unit signal?

Yep. Everything you need is in the stock harness that connected to OEM fuel pump hanger. I made a harness that plugged into the factory fuel pump harness.

I'm running a GNX style VDO dash that uses the factory wiring for the fuel level gauge.

I have the same set up. Your fuel cell should have the 90 ohm sender. The gauge will be offapproximately a 1/4 tank. Do the math. The fuel cell sending unit is approximately 2" off the bottom of the tank. If the tank is 10" high, every 2.5" is a 1/4 tank.

Also can I tap the power wire on the Weldon pump to a factory wire or do I have to run a wire straight from the battery?

You must install another relay, the factory relay is not rated to handle the load of the Weldon. The wiring in the stock harness is subpar with the amperage draw of the Weldon. You can use the factory fuel pump wire to trigger the new relay. Yes, you must run new wires directly to the battery. I would recommend #10 ga wire.

BTW, which Weldon pump? Any pics?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Trouble with cell in trunk is you need a fire wall between trunk and interior. That is NHRA requirement.

Steve

Hi,
Regarding Your fuel cell installation,all wiring is good to go.The sender wire is part of the harness. I would,however, install a hotwire kit.It's easy and relatively cheap,will also but a relay in there, which NHRA will probably like.