Just deleted A/C off my car, many parts for sale

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I have a fairly new A/C compressor that has NEVER been charged with refridgerant. I bought it brand new from Savannah Auto Air last fall and have ran it on the car but never got around to charging the system. It's never been engaged so basically it's almost brand new. I paid $250 for it brand new...I'd take $175 OBO.

Also have the new drier that I never used. Make me an offer on this.

I also have the stock AC lines going to the drier and compressor. Also have the condensor up front if anyone wants that.

Also have the stock blower motor (works fine) and the top plastic screen piece that goes on the cowl (good condition). Make me offers on this stuff. Thanks!

not really...I need a Champion ac delete bracket with power steering but that is worth a little more than a compressor and drier...I'd pay the difference

Please tell my atleast oiled the compressor before you installed it? Even if it never engaged it needs to be oiled to keep the insides nice and protected.

Thanks,

Yes there was oil in the system. The compressor was full of it. I thought when the a/c was off, all that was turning was the pulley itself and it wouldn't harm anything? It's when you ENGAGE the compressor is when you are using the internal parts. I'm not 100% positive on this but that was always my understanding. Regardless...it has and had oil in the system.

Its the corrossion and tollerances not the wear I'm worried about. With the system closed and the drier in place it should dehumidify part of the system near it but with no circulation it might not get it all.

I'll post pics in the morning...haven't had a chance to do this yet...

I honestly think this compressor will be fine...I just talked to a buddy of mine and he said he ran his ac compressor uncharged for 3 years and never engaged the clutch and he finally got around to charging it and it worked fine...

That is why I asked about the oil. That is what does the protection, not the freon. Its also what keeps the seals from drying out and leaking. My 1997.5 Regal GS lost its AC compressor due to bad shaft seals, they might have dried out due to me never running it because I'm cheap and from TX so I run it on vent all the time since in Ohio isn't that hot anyway.... Anyway, the compressor I'm sure is fine, the dryer on the otherhand must be sealed after its removed or it will just saturate due to the water in the air being pulled into the dessicant.

I'm interested in the a/c lines. Mine leaks at the crimp. What condition are they in? Can you post pics?

TIA

I really shouldn't be doing this now but I need a compressor eventually and I know you are in a jam with you cracked block. If you have the compressor with all the bolts it takes to hold it to the brackets (I have the bracketry), I'll do $150+shipping since we aren't far at all from each other. No hurry either so if you plan on heading to Dayton in the next 2 weeks let me know otherwise I'll be moving to Nashville and I'd rather have it shipped here.