Just bought my first 87 GN

Marc87GN

I have wanted one since I was in highschool. It was worth the wait. I found a good deal and I just drove it home 700 miles. Its a loaded hardtop with 50K original miles. It was always kept in a heated garage. Original paint still looks new and no rust underneath the car. It also has factory GNX wheels.The interior is immaculate.

As far as I can tell, it has an Adj fuel pressure regulator, B&M non-lockup converter, Shift kit, custom exhaust with O2 deleted( I will fix that), and a boost gauge. The A/C nearly froze me amd all of the power accessories worked well including the power radio antenna.

It was a fun ride to say the least and the car is faster in stock trim than I would have thought. I received tons of thumbs up from all ages during my long journey, but now she is home. The car is just plain awesome.

Marc welcome, i am in the queens area nice to know another is out there....

one thing you should check though.... check the back of the rims, you probably have GTA rims rather than TRUE GNX ones... but you never know :)

Good luck and hopefully see you around some time.

you getting a custom plate?

You have begun a long, fun and expensive journey...but it's worth every penny. Take good care of her.:D

Thanks for the welcome guys. I also found that it has an upgraded fuel pump, Hot wire kit, Adj. fuel pressure regulator and Kenne Bell upper intake in the trunk. The TPS voltage was .513 when I checked it last night which would explain the terrible idle. I set it at .43 and it idles much better. It has a nasty exhaust leak right by the turbo. I will take care of these things including getting a new coil pack, wires, plugs, scanmaster, O2 & fuel pressure gauge. With all of the black crap that just hit my garage floor, I would say it's rich and the plugs must be fouled.

Originally posted by Marc87GN
It also has factory GNX wheels.
Congrats on the purchase! Not sure if I'm misreading your post but GNs never had a wheel option, they all came factory with chrome steel wheels. As already stated it most likely has GNx knock-offs. The chance is has actual GNx rims is slim/none.

GNX wheels or not, I'm just thrilled to have the car. I gave her a thorough wash and wax today and brought her up to my insurance agent for pictures. I had people telling me what a beautiful car it is that were just walking by. I have always been a fan of them. I built a very fast Turbocharged GT and it still couldn't fill the void. It's in a warm garage right now. I have all of the orignal papers from the dealer the owner bought it from including window sticker and owners manual. I drove this car 700 miles home and it was the most fun I have had in a while.

Be forewarned

Marc87,

Congrats and good luck. Just warning you.....for me it started with one. Got the grand national.....took it out on nice days.....then i said....wouldnt it me nice to have one to drive everday?......and so came the dark blue Limited. Now im sick of cleaning dark cars.....and the thought of a white one sounds really good. Be careful......it may become an addiction. :)

Welcome fellow long islander... I hope to see you on the road as I love checking out a nice GN passing me by...

I remember my first ride in my first GN. I don't know how I made it home. I was so happy I couldn't see straight. It was such a fun ride home. It was about 6 years ago and I can still picture it.

Good luck and enjoy.

I too remember my first ride in my GN. I had also waited since high school to buy one so I was very excited. Flew to look at it, bought it, and drove it 1000 miles home :D