Just another te60 question

vettekilr

"NO its not a MONTE"
Getting ready to order a TE60 and 3" THDP,will I FEEL any difference with the turbo and downpipe with parts in sig.I'll still have stock inter-cooler and TC?Or should I just wait till I have IC and TC,then put on all the parts together?THANX

Vettekiller, I do have a Monte (GN powered) and it has a TA 60 and 3" downpipe and the same stuff you have except no drag radials and 2 1/2" ATR stainless exhaust. I ran a 12.69 @ 107 with 93 Oct and 18lbs boost and street tires at Salem last month. What you will notice is turbo lag (not really too bad) and a lot stronger pull in second and third. I had a TA 61 on and the lag was too much for street driving. The TA 60 is about 1/2 way between the 61 and stock. Still like driving a stock turbo on the street for everyday driving. Love that instant torque. The Salem run (Quaker City Raceway) was through the mufflers and after a 50 mile drive to the track. I think the 60 is a great turbo, the TA 61 was stronger once the turbo spooled, but too much of a tradeoff for a street car and I didn't want to go to a loose convertor.