"Junk yard'n"..

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Paid a visit to the local truck salvage guy, to get an idea of what he may have.
He has 15 5.3's and at least 3 6.0's.
He does not cut harnesses, and supplies all the accessory items, & pcm,harness, tac module, foot pedal, etc.
<100K on them: $900.00
> $800.00
The 6.0's are $1250-$1500, with same accessories.
All engines are run B4 sale, & are stored inside.
A naked engine is $150-$200 off the above prices.

He also has 4L60E, and 4L80E transmissions.
60E $600.00-$800.00
80E $700.00- $900.00

Now that the 55 is about done, it may be time to do something else!!:D
[I have a set of Moosetang headers to cut up, an alum block, heads for mockups];) Hmmnnn.........

if a naked engine is $150-200 off,does that mean the accessories are $150-200..
I have a 5.3 that is in need of accessories...and maybe a harness..

Hmmm... those are some dang good prices. I need to go check our yards down here in SoCal. I imagine it being much higher, like everything else down here...

I got mine 6.0 for $600 but I have to take it out and junk the van and get back $200 which mean I got mine for $400

Those prices seem to be about average for Georgia seems like in the midwest you can get a low mile engine for half of what we pay one guy says he got an 2007 L33 which is the all aluminum 5.3 2007 and newer 4x4 trucks for 600!
Lots of harness hackers around where I'm at I went to Crest truck parts in Cartersville they had about 30 trucks only one 99 with the motor still in it and the harness in one piece but can't get to it it's all jammed in and no wheels on it sitting in the dirt screw that
I will go back to the place in Bremen he will sell a rebuildable core with no warrantee for $200 the motors are sitting outside but they are complete he says he makes sure there are no exposed holes anywhere where water would get into them
I bought a transmission core from him a 2000 4l60e 4x4 for $75 I just needed the case and was going to put my guts up in it but when I cracked it open it was mint inside I wound up putting a new filter and a shift kit in it and threw it in my truck it's been in there now for 80k miles

Anywhere in Dallas or shreveport just got to shop around.

And I done said I would never do a lsx swap into a gn/ttype

I am looking for a cheap 5.3 or 4.8 to start a little project over the winter. I'll let you guys know what I find around here, or if you know of anything let me know. This is a great thread... We can help others find great deals on LSx donors...

my local freightliner dealer has a zero mile 6.0 that was removed from a truck because customer wanted a diesel engine...pretty much complete its got the drive by wire its missing the accel pedal and the TAC module for the drive by wire includes harness and pcm hes asking 1800 what you fellas think is the price right?

What truck..

my local freightliner dealer has a zero mile 6.0 that was removed from a truck because customer wanted a diesel engine...pretty much complete its got the drive by wire its missing the accel pedal and the TAC module for the drive by wire includes harness and pcm hes asking 1800 what you fellas think is the price right?

Wow! The swap over cost must have been a doozie!

is it out of? Yr? That info may help determine it's value...