Judging interest in complete engine and trans

Momar

My 86 GN was just totaled friday night. I havent decided for sure, if I am going to sell the drivetrain or try to put it in something else. Just thought I would see what you guys thought it would be worth if I were to sell it.

There is 130k on the engine. About 10 thousand ago did a compression and leak down tests, and it tested great. Since I got it 15k ago, I installed a power plate, 60# injectors, thdp 3.5" down pipe and cutout, translator plus, mandrel bent crossover pipe, and a GT67 turbo. I had a powerstroke ic installed, but it was damaged in the wreck so the stock ic will go with it.

The trans was built about 15k ago. This kit as well as a billit drum were used: https://www.700r4l60e.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=45&cat=23&page=1 It also has a vigilante 0 pump converter.

I never got a chance to run it at the track the way it is. I ran it on 93 octane with most of the mods, but still on the stock turbo, and stock intercooler, and ran a 13.035@102.28 That was running 17-18 lbs of boost. Definately felt faster on now, but never got a chance to run it on race gas with the boost up.

Ben

how much for the complete car less engine and trans?
where is the car?

It is in indianapolis, but just so you know the reason I am pulling the engine and trans is because it took a real hard hit to the front fender area on the drivers side. The whole front doghouse is trash, and the frame is bent. The driver side front wheel is bent. I figure that the rear is worth some money, and the interior has some stuff that is, the rear spoiler, ect... The drivers side seat is torn in the bolster area, but I work at a chevy dealership and talked to the guy that we have do our apolstry(spelling) work, and he said that he could probably fix it for around 75-100 dollars. I had a guy offer me 600 already for the body, but if the rear goes with it I told him I would like a bit more. I think I would take 800 for the body and I could possibly get that drivers seat fixed. If you were buying that i would throw in the drag lites for an extra 200 for a total of 1000. Like I said though, this car is pretty messed up in the front. It would be more of a parts car than anything.

For the engine and trans, I would probably have to get around $3k to sell. I dont know if that is a decent price or not, but I have over 4k in mods just to the engine and trans. If I cant get about 3k out of them then for me it would be more worth while just to put it in something else.

Thanks
Ben

thanks for the info
i would snatch that body and maybe the whole package
if it was closer to me i am in NY
and the cost of transport would add a bit much for me
but thanks again
and good luck.
Dave

I would be interested in that set-up. I am located in Muncie (about an hour away from Indy). Let me see how much money I have available and I'll get back to you.

Car Deal

What is included in the body deal for $1000?
Does it include everything except the motor and transmission.
Does it include the interior parts and wiring harnesses?
Let me know, I am in South Bend, Indiana.
I am interested!
Thanks,
Jason
AffordableGN
affsys@skyenet.net

Sorry, already sold the body. I still have the draglites if anyone is interested. They are 15x10, and 15x7.