Jongbloed Wheels

Charles Young

C Young
Wheel 1.jpg
Wheel 2.jpg

I got a set of these with a turbo buick I recently bought. Car originally belonged to a racer named Elliott Forbes Robinson. He won lots of races in numerous racing series (American Le Mans Series, Super Vee, Trans-Am Series, CanAm, IMSA GTU) Anyway, the wheels supposedly came with the car from him back in the eighties. They are made by a company names Jongbloed Racing. 3 piece, 15x9 and very light. A good bit lighter than my T wheels. Seems like they would look pretty good on a TB, especially if the centers were black. Has anybody ever seen them on a TB or know anything about them? Any guess on value?
Thanks!

View attachment 264158 View attachment 264159
I got a set of these with a turbo buick I recently bought. Car originally belonged to a racer named Elliott Forbes Robinson. He won lots of races in numerous racing series (American Le Mans Series, Super Vee, Trans-Am Series, CanAm, IMSA GTU) Anyway, the wheels supposedly came with the car from him back in the eighties. They are made by a company names Jongbloed Racing. 3 piece, 15x9 and very light. A good bit lighter than my T wheels. Seems like they would look pretty good on a TB, especially if the centers were black. Has anybody ever seen them on a TB or know anything about them? Any guess on value?
Thanks!
My favorite looking wheels that I have had on my TR were American racing astro 1 wheels iirc. They looked similar to yours that you have pictured. All I have is a pic of a pic but you get the idea.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 249
I personally know Mr. Robinson and his whole family as I have property right across them on Lake Norman. I used to work with his son also. He has given me a lot of Buick stuff. I can check and see if there are any pics or any history on them.

Thanks rag321!! That would be great. My intent was to eventually track him down to see if he had any interest in seeing his old car and also just to meet him. Thought it would be pretty cool to ask him maybe to autograph something related to the car. I'm also interested in any history of the car he might know. A PO told me he thought Mr Robinson had replaced the motor with some sort of warranty issue?? I had found out he was probably near the lake and found what I think is his sons phone number on line but hadn't tried to make contact. Since you know them, could you ask if he would have any interest in that? I live in Gibsonville NC not but a couple hours away. I'd like to replace seat covers before hand but other than that it looks great!

Thanks!

His son Elliott Forbes Robinson III is the one that I used to work with, they alway had the coolest gadgets to play with. When your dad was factory sponsored by Buick, Nissan, Porsche and Honda and a few others, the world was his playground. It's pretty cool when you look in the buick PowerBook and see 2 different buick powered vehicles with his name on the side. Anything that they wanted to happen,happened. I know mr. Robinson was sharing time between here and Hawaii so I will try to make contact.

Thanks 1quick6! Can you show them on a WH1 with black wheel centers? Just kidding really, I have no idea how hard that is to do. They look pretty good in the pics you did.