joe lubrant chips

crazygn

10's here i come
I have two chips a 93 and 110 for a 87 ecm my car is a 85 with sperco intercooler kit 40lb injectors and a ta33 turbo and some others. Will these chips be good for my set up. this is what they say on them.

street 93 38-40# 20*

race 110+ 38-40# 26*

does this sound good and what is the 38-40# is this fuel press that i sould run , with or with out the vac line .

thanks

Not to sure if those chips will work with a 1985 car but when you check the fuel presure check it at idle with the VAC line off. Send me an email no pm's please if the JL chips don't work with your car. I would like to purchase the 93 chip.

Thanks and good luck.

My guess is that the 38-40# stands for 38 to 40 pound per hour injectors, which is what red stripes are. Since you have an 87 ecm and 40 lb/hr injectors they should work okay. Start with the fuel pressure (vac hose off engine idling) at 42-43 psi and tune from there. As for "combination", those are bigger injectors than you need for that small a turbo so you won't have any problems running out of fuel and will probably have to turn down the fuel pressure some as you tune.

Were these chips setup for your combo?? Your car will run best if they are.

I got them with the injectors that i bought from someone. They were on a 87 motor he said and mine is a 85 but it is intercooled.