Jim Lauer's Silver T (GMHTP article)...

Originally posted by turbo2nr
WOW! Eat your heart out Foose!
Foose would screw somthig like that up!!
that undoutibly is the greatest looking under the hood I have ever seen. I could rub one out over that. (LOL)

Originally posted by TurboIndian
Foose would screw somthig like that up!!

I have to agree! I personally don't like Foose's designs with all the stripes and graphics he tends to add... On top of that Foose would probably end up putting a boat anchor NA SBC/BBC in it that could probably only muster up 400hp.... I like a car just like Lauer's... Clean and well detailed!:cool:

I think Troy Trepanier of Rad Rides could probably build a sweet TR:)

Didn't Troy build the Buzilla about 10years ago?
It was on the cover of all the car rags.
That thing was kind of peachy/orange type color.

Thanx fo the link

smokin hot . Now I know what to save up for after the paint job.

Rich

Steve,

Do you know what coating was used on his Intercooler pipes and the down-pipe.

I am getting all kinds of different stories:confused:

Jet Hot claims if you want everything to match they recommend JetHot 2000 comes in silver, black or blue. I would do the silver however it looks dull. I would do the DP and the Turbo exhaust housing in JetHot2000 and their polished 1300 for the intercooler pipes and the MAFF pipe but then it would not match in color:confused:

I contacted Thermo coating and they only have black up to 2400 degree and then they would do the polished 1300 on the intercooler pipes and the Maff pipe, but then again it will not match:confused: :(

Any help:(

Bill

Thanks I will call them, I am glad you know where I am going with this. Most of the companies I spoke to want to do the intercooler pipes and the Maff in 1300 and the DP and the exhaust side of the Turbo in 2000. That is great saves me money, however the difference in the 2000 and the 1300 is also color:(

I am not pulling headers as you really cannot see them, so IMO it is not worth the hassle.

But I would like the MAFF, Intercooler pipes and DP and Exhaust side of the Turbo to match. I am fussy:D

That's one sweet ride:cool:

I bought the magazine when it first came out and must have read and admired the pics 50 times since then.

Super-clean and it does 8s? Good grief, I'll bet this guy gets tired of blowing the doors off of everything he lines up against.

Or maybe not. ;)

Travis, sorry I'm not sure what he used:( As Bill said there are companies that can make it match and that would probably be your best bet rather than trying to make JetHot coatings match...

Post a pic when you're done so we can see how it turned out:) :cool:

Originally posted by 86brick
Travis, sorry I'm not sure what he used:( As Bill said there are companies that can make it match and that would probably be your best bet rather than trying to make JetHot coatings match...

Post a pic when you're done so we can see how it turned out:) :cool:

Will do, I am taking it apart this weekend. It is suppose to rain and I am bored:D :D

Hey

Where did they get that shot of my engine compartment:D

I wish,,,,,

Thats one SWEET ride:)

Travis, I had my 4" inlet pipe and compressor housing coated by Calico Coatings out of North Carolina in a color they call KoolChrome. However it doesn't look like chrome. More of a polished aluminum look... Price was reasonable..and the pieces matched. But I did not have anything on the hot side coated. Before you send your stuff out call Jerry at Calico and talk to him. They also coat the inside of the inlet, intercooler and compressor housing with some type of teflon. Makes it really slick...Might not help any but the price was the same. HTH...I'd be happy to shoot some pics of my inlet pipe and housing...Don't know how much you would be able to tell from a pic though. Scott

Originally posted by STP
Travis, I had my 4" inlet pipe and compressor housing coated by Calico Coatings out of North Carolina in a color they call KoolChrome. However it doesn't look like chrome. More of a polished aluminum look... Price was reasonable..and the pieces matched. But I did not have anything on the hot side coated. Before you send your stuff out call Jerry at Calico and talk to him. They also coat the inside of the inlet, intercooler and compressor housing with some type of teflon. Makes it really slick...Might not help any but the price was the same. HTH...I'd be happy to shoot some pics of my inlet pipe and housing...Don't know how much you would be able to tell from a pic though. Scott

Scott my man always looking out for me, got a number:eek:

Pictures please post...

Interesting enough, if you hit the search button. Many members are still up in the air and many companies are recommended. I want to stick with one place to have everything done so it matches, my OCD is kicking in:D :D

I know all about OCD. But that is a good thing to have with a hobby like ours. Calico Coatings 1-888-236-6079 ask for Jerry

Originally posted by STP
I know all about OCD. But that is a good thing to have with a hobby like ours. Calico Coatings 1-888-236-6079 ask for Jerry

Thanks Scott:cool: