its haunted!!

natethegreat85

drive fast, take chances
my car has been runnin like a champ for several weeks now, no problems. it was having trouble starting and fuel pressure was the problem. put in a walbro and hotwire, does fine.

went to the dentist today:frown: and came out to leave and no start.:mad:

had power to everything, wouldn't even crank. went out and hit the starter a couple times with a tire iron, still no turn over. as i am calling the tow truck, it fired up! drove it for 20 minutes home, started 10 times in a row. is this a sign of something going out??? like always, trying to keep costs low, so i'm hoping its just some sensors or a ground. any help please!

Did the dash lights come on when you turned it on, first off. Second, did the starter even click? More symptoms are needed to try and help you more.:)

lights came on, radio, everything. it was like it was just staying in the "on" position even though i was turning it all the way. thats all really. its weird cuz it took me a good 15 minutes of trying to start it, and then i got :mad: and went inside the dentists office to make the call to the tow truck, went outside to grab something and just turned the key and magic happened. i don't know what else to say.

lights came on, radio, everything. it was like it was just staying in the "on" position even though i was turning it all the way. thats all really. its weird cuz it took me a good 15 minutes of trying to start it, and then i got :mad: and went inside the dentists office to make the call to the tow truck, went outside to grab something and just turned the key and magic happened. i don't know what else to say.

Now that helps. One of three possibles here. Bad electrical connection first. Bad ignition switch, not the key part. Or three, if it's a tilt column then the linkage in the column may need replacing.

I'm sure you know how to check for bad connections so I'll skip that. To check if the switch is bad or going bad will take 2 people. Take a test light and put it on the small starter wire/post after grounding it. Have someone turn the key to the start position and see if it lights up. If it looks weak then most likely the switch is bad.

If the key feels kinda weird while turning it on and off, not smooth, then I'd supect the linkage.