it's getting better

Chad Oliver

Thought some of you might get a kick out of this pic : http://community.webshots.com/album/45605177MxRbKz ,

the damage to the timing chain was discovered when installing a billit cam. It got a new trans and 3000 stall too! The power is definately back, I still haven't put my red's 106 chip in yet but I will post some times with the new cam and transmission soon.

alt

In the pic. of eng. bay, what alt is that? I may be buying one soon. I love white T/s. Will it make to BG this year? Time to see Nick for a new Rollmastertiming chain?

anyone know the stats to our alternators? Are they 120 or 100 v or sumthin? Summit racing has some real nice colored ones, and some great looking chrome units in their new cataloge. Nice looking car chad. Good luck with that timing set. Let us know what set you use!

John

i've got a local guy building me a 130 amp unit,with emphasis on output at idle.

it should be done this week,i'll give an update...

Re: alt

Originally posted by Lee Thompson
In the pic. of eng. bay, what alt is that? I may be buying one soon. I love white T/s. Will it make to BG this year? Time to see Nick for a new Rollmastertiming chain?

The alt is a rebuilt 100 amp that was done here locally. The car will be at Bowling Green this year :cool: Yes, Nick Micale made sure I didn't skip anything important. He does alot of the mechanical work on the car.

The new setup makes me confident that I'm making progress towards low 12's high 11's.

Thanks for having a photo of our car on your site. (that's neither j or K in the photo by the car) That's when we were running a crap transmission and almost wasted a perfectly good convertor. Had our now trusted tranny guy go through that one and it's a miracle I didn't tear up another car at nationals. At least I know what a good transmission will result in. Glad to hear it's coming together Chad. We most likely won't make nationals this year. Karl has been laid off and jobs are not too good here right now. Would love to still make a couple of days, but time will tell. Good luck with your car and hope it rocks...

Hopefully I'll be able to see You and Karl at another event :D :D . I am now engaged and she likes to race turbo buicks too :cool: . Nice signiture, I'm jealous.

We're still hoping to hit Norwalk on Sunday. I hope to see even nicer times (we will be tuning again) :rolleyes:

Fireberd350

Hey I see you won yourself obe of those altenators! Congrats man! I'm hoping I can afford one of them soon.