It took all summer, but finally have a 10 sec slip

tonka

Made it to the 1/4 mile for the first time this summer. Weather was not cooperative unfortunately, temps in the 40s with light rain on and off . Made one pass Saturday:

1.557 60ft
4.458 330ft
6.96 660ft
97.60 mph
11.001 1320ft
120.73 mph

Went back Sunday, made another pass, after which we were rained out again:

1.545 60ft
4.444 330ft
6.94 660ft
97.77 mph
10.98 1320ft
121.06 mph

109 block, ported heads, cpt66BB, 214/214 roller cam, alky, low timing, ET street radials, footbrake launch.

Converting from Direct Scan it shows 24 psi, gauge in car showed 25 psi. Chip is not set up for alky, run was on only 18 degrees.

Congrats Troy, sounds like you have some left too.

I diffently think he does also... going by the video he only gained about 23 or so from the 1/8th to the 1/4 mile..... so I think the car still has a few more mph out of it not much probably but atleast another mph or two...

As far as posting the video just click take the regular URL you would post as a link here, and put [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] around it with the link in the middle. :D

Great runs, Troy. You'll have a chance to better it this weekend... highs in the low to mid 40s!

I diffently think he does also... going by the video he only gained about 23 or so from the 1/8th to the 1/4 mile..... so I think the car still has a few more mph out of it not much probably but atleast another mph or two...

As far as posting the video just click take the regular URL you would post as a link here, and put [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE] around it with the link in the middle. :D
When I was trying to post the video last night it looked like that in the preview, but only showed the code when the post was made. Dunno.

Wondering if the convertor is becoming an issue. Was rated at 3500 stall, when I first put it in a few years ago it stalled to almost 3600 when pushed hard. This last weekend I was seeing 3825 just before it came off the line. Rpm's through the traps were 5650, almost seems a little high to me?
I do have the option of going to the 24 deg race timing on the ME chip, maybe put some good gas in the tank for insurance and see what happens? Assuming the weather cooperates this weekend that is.

congrats on the 10's..i think you are just getting started...lots left...Bob

Nice Pass!! I'm going to get there too soon. Bet that Camaro thought " I got this 13 sec GN covered :biggrin:"

When I was trying to post the video last night it looked like that in the preview, but only showed the code when the post was made. Dunno.

Wondering if the convertor is becoming an issue. Was rated at 3500 stall, when I first put it in a few years ago it stalled to almost 3600 when pushed hard. This last weekend I was seeing 3825 just before it came off the line. Rpm's through the traps were 5650, almost seems a little high to me?
I do have the option of going to the 24 deg race timing on the ME chip, maybe put some good gas in the tank for insurance and see what happens? Assuming the weather cooperates this weekend that is.

Nice job , what size converter and who makes it? 3500 stall at what boost level?