It FINALLY Happened!

Grimster

Grumpy Redneck
I forgot to post this but it happened about 3 weeks ago, I stopped to fill up in the GN at a backwoods gas station (hey they had 92 octane and a lot of others had bags on the pump handles, yay gas "shortage").

They don't have pay at the pump (SIGH) so I go inside to pay and the almost cute but far too worn out girl behind the counter says these immortal words "the MONTE CARLO on #5?" (I'm the only car in the station) I'm like "well it's a Regal but yeah the black one".

Yep after over a year of ownership my GN was finally called a Monte Carlo. I feel like some sort of rite of passage has been met.

When I walk outside some rednecks in a Dodge 4x4 pull in and are like "HOLY **** IT'S A GRAND NATIONAL!!!!!!!" making the universal "light 'em up" sign by making a circle with their finger (point at something to the side, make a circle, you know the sign).

So I felt better, but at that point I was feeling QUITE contrary and grumpy so I pulled out like the law was behind me. NO TIRE SQUEALIES FOR YOU SO SORRY!

And so... the day before yesterday I stopped at the station up the road and the chick there is like "oh god I love that car" so I walk out to leave after I pay and 3 young dudes in some kinda riced out red Japanese car are at a pump and looking under their hood and see me get in the car and are like "DUDE A GN HELL YEAH LIGHT 'EM UP" so I left a nice double black as I pulled out to head back to the house, I could hear them whooping up a storm as I let my childish impulses flow.

Anyway just had to share, someone called it a Monte Carlo.

Yep after over a year of ownership my GN was finally called a Monte Carlo. I feel like some sort of rite of passage has been met.

Next one will be someone saying you should put a V8 in it. The correct answer is "Why would I want to make it go slower?"

the dreaded "is that a monte carlo" question

i hear ya here's my 1st time well about 8 months ago,i was in long beach ca.,1st car in the turning lane waiting for traffic to pass by so i could make my turn when i hear a police p a system bark out "you in the black monte carlo,what year is that" i ignored him at 1st until he repeated it again this time addressing me to pull up next to him after i turn, he was sitting at the light to my left,i pulled up to his squad car and he says o i thought that was a monte carlo it's a grand national right,bit$hen ,i haven't seen one of these things in a long time, i always wanted one since high school,he then ask it's not for sale is it,as cars are going around me i replied,only if you have about 20,000 in your pocket,he then said no but bit$hen car don't go putting some stupid 30 inch rims on it.

lol know the feeling man, the other week at the track when I pulled up the guy on the pa says, and in the far lane we have the big bad black monte carlo I went back and wrote BUICK on my pass side glass in big letters!! I think he got the hint lol.

Last week a guy in traffic asked me if the GN had a 350 or LT1 in it. Puzzled as I was, I asked "isn't that the same thing?". Puzzled as he was, I then told him it was a V6.

I have to admit, at idle with no cat or mufflers it does sound like a V8....but not at 6000 RPM.

cool story, at least you GN guys don't get called a Cutlass :eek: like us turbo T guys:mad:

monte mmmm carlational

NO HE DIDANT! you would think track announcers would be more car knowledgeable.

lol you would think, you can hear my wife on the camcorder saying I know he just didn't hahahahahha Think he figured it out pretty quick though, the next time I came up he didn't even say anything at all ! Its all good though as I tore a lightning to pieces

I never have figured out why people can't tell a Monte from a GN.

Monte's have those big ass noses on them like Pinocchio.

My car has also been referred to as a Monte. Must be from people who get a woody at how sporty a Monte SS is, then assume because my T looks sporty it too must also be a Monte. :rolleyes:

The girl that said she loved your car....hope she was cute. I don't think girls are into GN's and T types. She would be one in a million.

monte national

to heck with turbos,super chargers and nitrous oxide,i'm going strait to the top,i'm going NOOKILLAR powered, just gotta find a small enough reactor,very big intercooler and some plutonium

Just get you a Mr. Fusion from a junkyard DeLorean. Careful when unhooking it though, I hear a flux-capacitor can hold a charge for several years. You don't want it to back feed.

Just get you a Mr. Fusion from a junkyard DeLorean. Careful when unhooking it though, I hear a flux-capacitor can hold a charge for several years. You don't want it to back feed.

Otherwise you could be electrocuted with 1.21 gigawatt's.

I had a Beauty this summer..

I got the Dreaded NICE MONTE B.S

I reply, its a Grand National

Guy says, No it's Not...

I said... Okay I give....;)

In All fairness my car does not have the emblems installed.

So if your IQ is below 50 you wouldn't notice the Big Buick Emblem in the Grille....

I had a Beauty this summer..

I got the Dreaded NICE MONTE B.S

I reply, its a Grand National

Guy says, No it's Not...

I said... Okay I give....;)

In All fairness my car does not have the emblems installed.

So if your IQ is below 50 you wouldn't notice the Big Buick Emblem in the Grille....

Bet YOU felt STUPID huh? ;)

A couple weeks ago I was supposed to come into work to get a physical done to lower my health insurance. Vince had called me a few days earlier informing me that the transmission was done and the car was ready to pick up.

So I tell the woman in charge of the health insurance thing I have to go out of town that day to pick up a car and I'd like to reschedule. Someone I work with then says "it isn't even a car he needs, it's a toy". She asks what type, so to spare myself some pain I tell her it's a GN instead of a T-Type.

Her reply was something along the lines of "A Grand National? Does it have a big number on the side?"

Ugh.