Issues with transmission

oc192

Hello all,

I had the transmission rebuilt about a year ago and have put maybe 1500 miles on the car since the rebuild and started having some issues the other night driving home. It first seemed like the car was mis-shifting while accelerating, like going from 1st to 3rd and running at low rpms. Then when I came to a stop and restarted, the car acted like it was a manual transmission starting off in 4th gear, had to give it a lot of gas just to make it barely move. I dropped the car into first gear and limped into a parking lot. While idling in the parking lot, I could hear a low level grinding noise coming from the flywheel area. At that point, I shut it down and called a tow truck.

Today, I put the car on jack stands and pulled the inspection panel off. The flywheel looks good, the torque converter seems to be mounted ok and the 3 flywheel bolts are intact and torqued down. When I first started the car, it sounded normal, then after about 60 seconds that low level grinding noise came back.

Any ideas on where I should go from here? TCC solenoid? What would be causing that grinding noise?

Thanks,
Don

Drop the pan, and see what falls out. Sounds like the converter took a dump. [No torque mult on accel.]

Thanks Chuck, that's what I was afraid of... This is a video of my car from a cold start sounding normal until about 30 secs into it.