ISAC Discussion Thread

here is a shot of one of your old dyno runs

missin2 dyno run.jpg

here is the same log, but the graphs show the base dutycycle, and the dutycycle correction. the base is close, so the correction is only -3% or so.

missin2 dyno run 2.jpg

So using the correction factor of 3%, what should i change. Just so i can get a better grasp of how this works.

The log and tune file i send later is way different now, so you can look at that and help me out with that one.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I need to look at the new log. what have you changed on the car?

Bob

Nothing mechanically. SD2 chip and 28psi now. The duty cycle is stuck at 95 and the boost is barely hitting 27.5psi with a 28-28.5 target psi. Not sure what to do.

Like i said I'll get the log/tune when i get home.

sounds like you are out of the wastegate range.

what wastegate are you running, and do you have a stiffer spring for it?

Bob

Internal hd base is 16psi. Should i put some turns on the rod?

yes, you will need to, or add a "helper spring" to help hold the gate shut.

if you can get the base up to 20 without stacking the spring in the actuator you should be able to get to your goal.

Ok i will try that. I'll have outcomes for you tomorrow after test&tune, and a log when i get home.

Thanks for all the help Bob.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

this is the most recent tune and log i have. let me know what to try for tomorrow.

Attachments

• 92 octane street 28psi.zip
    297 bytes · Views: 70
  • run 3.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 88
I would tighten the gate, and leave the settings alone for the moment.

Bob

here it is bob, hot off the press.i tightened the rod about 2 turns.

Attachments

• run 1.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 92 octane street 28psi.zip
    297 bytes · Views: 73
the only thing I would change is the solenoid max psi, change it from 31 to 29, that will get the "boost base" up from 82 to around 90 (adjust the setting so that boost base is 90)

this will help the spool up hit your target better.

Bob

here is what we ended up with. so far it looks great except for a 5psi dip in first gear. what to try next?

Attachments

• run 3.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 86
Okay, how about this question. I have not wired up the stage wire to a switch, but wondering if I should. Does the stage wire need to be continuously ground until the car launches? Or just simply a momentary ground to put it into stage mode?

I was looking through Old threads and found this. I recently installed a TR6 and hooked up the Stage mode of the ISAC but The ISAC is reacting opposite of what I think I should be seeing. When I ground the stage wire the ISAC console is saying the boost controller is in 1st gear and lets the boost go to target value. WHen It's ungrounded it says its in stage mode. The TR6 is in inverse trigger and is acting like it should. I'm seeing voltage on the trigger go to zero when grounded and 9V when ungrounded so it's acting like it should it just appears the software is "backwards"

I did solve this by actually setting the MODE/Gear to gear sensor and setting the 1st gear boost down to what I wanted to stage at.